Games ignoring default audio device

Ash

Hi all.

I've come across a weird problem recently. I have my desktop connected to my Dell monitor via DisplayPort and my Sony TV via HDMI. I have 3 sets of audio devices. A set of Logitech speakers connected via a 3.5mm port, a wireless headset connected via the Optical port and a Sony Soundbar that is connected to the TV via Optical, and then from the TV to the PC via HDMI. All of these devices work fine for watching videos or listening to music, but when I switch to the TV as my main display to play games on the big screen, the in-game sound will not come through the Soundbar, it will revert back to either the Logitech speakers or the headset, whichever I was using last. This problem only happens when playing games, music and videos work fine. It also only seems to happen when the game is fullscreen, with the sound coming though the soundbar normally when I switch to Windowed mode. However I have only tested this with a couple games and I don't want to have to resort to playing all games in Windowed mode.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :)

PCUser1990

Bronze Level Poster
If you haven't already fixed it then I can only offer you this.
Can only speak from personal experience, but for me whenever I leave my optical headset plugged in my TV it will always prioritize this over my soundbar. Unless there is some sort of option on your TV to change the audio output, I guess the best solution until you figure it out is to unplug the others.

-Sorry for the late reply, not sure if you have fixed it or not soo I thought I'd give a reply :)