Gaming compatible KVM Switch

lorrlorr

I've recently taken delivery of my new PCS desktop with a 3080 GPU. The card has 1 HDMI and 3 DisplayPorts.

I have an Acer Nitro 144Hz 3440x1440 monitor and a Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 60Hz monitor.

I have a corsair Keyboard that takes up two USB ports (one of them might just be for RGB lights? Not sure), along with a standard mouse and webcam taking one USB port each.

I would like to be able to switch all of these between my new desktop, and my work from home Macbook Pro which has 4 USB-C ports (which up to now has been directly connected to a pair of standard 1440p monitors with USB-C to display port cables, and has had a succession of cheapo USB-A to USB-C adaptors that always seem to break after a while), while remaining compatible with the 144Hz ultra wide monitor and not introducing latency.

Would anyone have any recommendations?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s a tall order. The parts that are an issue are supporting dual screens with one being high refresh, and the webcam having enough throughout on the USB interface, basically necessitating USB C.

This one only has support for 1 screen but it’s the nearest I could find without heading into the £600 mark:

Sabrent 2-Port USB Type-C KVM Switch with 60 Watt Power Delivery Option (USB-KCPD) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y2HKN37/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_liJSFbJX3EWRS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This one will support 2 screens but won’t support the camera:

HDMI KVM-switch 2-poorts Dual Monitor Extended Display 4K @ 30Hz, DEPZOL Dual View PC-monitor Toetsenbord Muis-keuzekast met audiomicrofoonuitgang en USB 2.0-hub voor computers en laptop https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T3R92F3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_z.ISFbXN9V5TQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

KVM is typically just mouse and keyboard and display.

lorrlorr

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll need to go with a switch for USB stuff and then connect both devices directly to the monitors and switch the source input. Bit of a pain on the Dell as (as far as I can tell) it's 1440p on it's single displayport input but only supports 1080p when connecting via HDMI.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll need to go with a switch for USB stuff and then connect both devices directly to the monitors and switch the source input. Bit of a pain on the Dell as (as far as I can tell) it's 1440p on it's single displayport input but only supports 1080p when connecting via HDMI.
Should support 1440p fine on HDMI