Gaming desks

Drylaw

Hi everyone just looking for advice and best uk websites for a gaming desk, id like it too be able to take a 32” curved and 27” curved monitors and also a XXL mouse pad. Budget maybe 200-400 pounds. Any suggestions would be recommended and appreciated as it’s for my first pc build and not sure about the pros and cons.

thanks guys

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi everyone just looking for advice and best uk websites for a gaming desk, id like it too be able to take a 32” curved and 27” curved monitors and also a XXL mouse pad. Budget maybe 200-400 pounds. Any suggestions would be recommended and appreciated as it’s for my first pc build and not sure about the pros and cons.

thanks guys
I'm not too sure what makes a desk a gamer desk. But desk wise, I'm gonna do the standard and suggest IKEA. I have their Bekant desk and it's worked very well for me. They're solid, inexpensive and look pretty good if you ask me. It was £170 for a large corner desk which I think is a great deal. If you're looking for a flat desk I know they offer a number of options and you could always spend the rest of the budget on some coloured tape to go around the edge or LED lights for the back of it to make it more gamery!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Was it a Black & Decker one?
Similar to this, only it cost me £60 and looks nicer. If I was you I'd get on the book of faces and look for a local carpenter, they could probably make you one to suit your exact dimensions with better material for cheap as chips. I'll be going this route if I get another desk

Drylaw

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Funnily enough I am a carpenter just can’t be bothered hahaha
I used a solid Oak worktop from Worktop Express, they are on Amazon too, free delivery on amazon, and a couple of Alex Drawers from Ikea. You can make it any size you want then, get a 2m or 3m length and cut a bit off if needed.
Looks really nice too.

I built a pull out section for keyboard and mouse as I prefer to sit further from the screen, 1m long so it fits a 90cm mouse mat.

I just went for a 27mm thick one but the 40mm ones look great, have one of these on a kitchen island

Would be in your budget range too.

Drylaw

I used a solid Oak worktop from Worktop Express, they are on Amazon too, free delivery on amazon, and a couple of Alex Drawers from Ikea. You can make it any size you want then, get a 2m or 3m length and cut a bit off if needed.
Looks really nice too.

I built a pull out section for keyboard and mouse as I prefer to sit further from the screen, 1m long so it fits a 90cm mouse mat.

I just went for a 27mm thick one but the 40mm ones look great, have one of these on a kitchen island

Would be in your budget range too.
Sounds very nice mate! Any pictures of the finish?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Sounds very nice mate! Any pictures of the finish?
This is how it currently is but I'm still looking for a new monitor, so the TV gets used for gaming.

I'm also thinking about swapping the white draws and units out for something more grey but most the stuff bar the Oak worktop is from a previous set up.

20210312_171319.jpg

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
How's your woodworking skills? I built my own from scaffolding and boards, took a few weekends but it's as sturdy as it gets. Wasn't really that hard to make at all. I'll post a photo if I can find one.

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
Lol, that's not the half of it, I have a thing for Star Wars lego.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 15.58.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 15.58.54.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 157
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 15.59.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 15.59.24.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 163