Gaming laptop advice for a complete newbie

spectre

Hello.

I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop, and I wanted some advice, and I had a couple of questions as well.

I'm looking at 17'' laptops and the only two options available at the moment are the Vyper and Defiance:

What is the difference between Vyper and Defiance? From what I can tell, Vyper has a bigger battery and a different (presumably better) chassis, while Defiance has USB 3.2, mini-display port (whatever that is). Is that it or is there something major I'm missing? Which of these two would you recommend and why?
I'm seeing that there are some other models as well, e.g. the Optimus model but I can't find any information on it on the website (perhaps because they're out of stock). Are there any models better than Vyper and Defiance?
Both these laptops have backlit keyboards. Can you turn the light off in these keyboards?

This is going to be my first gaming laptop, so if there's any advice or anything that I should consider before purchase then please let me know!

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello.

I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop, and I wanted some advice, and I had a couple of questions as well.

I'm looking at 17'' laptops and the only two options available at the moment are the Vyper and Defiance:

What is the difference between Vyper and Defiance? From what I can tell, Vyper has a bigger battery and a different (presumably better) chassis, while Defiance has USB 3.2, mini-display port (whatever that is). Is that it or is there something major I'm missing? Which of these two would you recommend and why?
I'm seeing that there are some other models as well, e.g. the Optimus model but I can't find any information on it on the website (perhaps because they're out of stock). Are there any models better than Vyper and Defiance?
Both these laptops have backlit keyboards. Can you turn the light off in these keyboards?

This is going to be my first gaming laptop, so if there's any advice or anything that I should consider before purchase then please let me know!

Thanks!
If you go on the configurator here:

and click in the "compare" boxes of the laptops you want compared, once you've selected 3 it will load in depth specs of each chassis so you can see the differences.

They Vyper 17" is a premium magnesium chassis which also helps with cooling and has a ginormous battery.

The Defiance has Thunderbolt 3 which is fairly sought after for musicians mainly.

And yes, on all the gaming laptops you can turn off keyboard lights if you want.