Gaming Laptop Recommendations

nickstervarius

Hi all!

I haven't got a set price yet as it will take me some time to save anyway due to being an unemployed graduate. But I'm looking for some advice and I hope you can help.

I'm looking into streaming my gaming in the future and I would like recommendations for what to look for in a laptop. I currently have a laptop but I want to keep that separate. This laptop I wanna use for my games and photo/video editing.

I use Adobe products, Twitch, Origin, Steam etc. I play quite a bit of Sims as well (Origin), and I have downloadable which is normally kept on a hard drive.

Many thanks! :)

steaky360

Hi @nickstervarius ,

Its really difficult to give advice on what to purchase if you don't have a budget, how much are you planning on saving and roughly how long is that going to take? If you're going to need (for arguments sake) a year to save up £1500 for the PC then there is not a lot of benefit in getting to grips with what hardware is available now.

Not that I'm trying to put you off (window shopping is fun!). But its best to wait till you've got a better idea of what your budget constraints and time frame will be before getting advice on a build. If you might be ready to purchase in a week or so (maybe a month or so?) then its worth a look in my opinion.

nickstervarius

Hi @nickstervarius ,

Its really difficult to give advice on what to purchase if you don't have a budget, how much are you planning on saving and roughly how long is that going to take? If you're going to need (for arguments sake) a year to save up £1500 for the PC then there is not a lot of benefit in getting to grips with what hardware is available now.

Not that I'm trying to put you off (window shopping is fun!). But its best to wait till you've got a better idea of what your budget constraints and time frame will be before getting advice on a build. If you might be ready to purchase in a week or so (maybe a month or so?) then its worth a look in my opinion.

Well I'm currently unemployed - So as I said, it is going to take some time to save. I would maybe minimum £600 onwards? Time wise, it could be a couple of months, could be 6 months, could be over a year. I know I ain't making it easier but that is the best answer I can give.

D

Deleted member 94250

Well I'm currently unemployed - So as I said, it is going to take some time to save. I would maybe minimum £600 onwards? Time wise, it could be a couple of months, could be 6 months, could be over a year. I know I ain't making it easier but that is the best answer I can give.
There's no hope for a gaming laptop at £600.

Maybe £800 And even then the performance is highly questionable in fitire games