Gaming machine Will this control overheating?

DurakB

My current machine is overheating, due a lack of airflow, it 7 years old and the pch fan is faulty again after 2nd time. I need a more powerful machine for the games i play. But i need to computer to be cool. My graphics keeps freezing so i need more ram, only had 2 on mine. So will this spec work? I have the option to had better paste and more fans.

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900K (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO WIFI (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H100i ELITE LCD Display RGB CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language

MrWilson

Godlike
If your current PC is usable I would definitely recommend holding off a couple of months.
New AMD CPUs are coming next month, with new GPUs from AMD and Nvidia coming later this year.
You’re going to get much better bang for your buck then, and with this sort of budget it’s silly to buy now when there’s so much new technology just round the corner: to use a console analogy it would be like buying a PS4 a month before the PS5 comes out.

DurakB

Thanks for your reply MrWilson. Been waiting on other updates, not sure how much longer this machine will last.

Martinr36, i read you link, none of them seem to talk on how much i need to keep a computer cool.
Just need to know what I should do to keep the computer cool for high end graphic games.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks for your reply MrWilson. Been waiting on other updates, not sure how much longer this machine will last.

Martinr36, i read you link, none of them seem to talk on how much i need to keep a computer cool.
Just need to know what I should do to keep the computer cool for high end graphic games.
It explains in there if i remember rightly the need for a good case with good airflow (the case is probably one of the most important components (the one you have chosen is very good), the H150i will fit that case, so i'd go for that and just the standard case fans, should have you well covered

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The graphics card cooling is part of the GPU fans, it's not an additional part. But the effectivenes of the GPU to cool itself is all down to how good the airflow of the case is.

Case is paramount to the build, a lot of people think they can cheap out on the case, but that will cause serious issues with a build in the long term

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks all. Airflow. I just thought was getting something to pump that air out and other air in.
its about how well that air flows through the case from the time it enters and the time it leaves, and also how well it flows over the major components such as CPU, GPU and motherboard

Last edited: