Gaming Mouse Under £50

F3AR

So i've been looking at mice to replace my ORIGINAL intellimouse (lol)

These are the ones i've looked at so far:

Logitech G300
Razer Deathadder
Logitech G500

And thats it :)

Thankyou guys :)

Dayve

I fear I will soon need a new one. My 3-4 year old £5.99 mouse from NETTO , which has served with distinction, has, after what must be tens of millions of clicks by now, begun to die. The left mouse button only works 75% of the time. I shall be sad to see it go.

SrgColman

Enthusiast
Logitech Wireless Trackball M570

Not a gaming mouse, doesn't have all those buttons, but the best mouse I have used, certainly

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I have the Mamba and would highly recommend it, however I know its out of the price range, from friends that have the deathadder though they say its also very very good, so Id have to recommend that even though I havent used it.

Dayve

My advice would be... spend no more than a tenner. Honestly, you have these gaming mice that cost anything up to £100 with all these programmable buttons, but all I've ever had are bog standard mice with 2 buttons and a wheel and occasionally an extra button or two on the side which never get used, and it has always been fine for games. In BF2 I was always first or second for kills at the end of the round, and a lot of the clan members I played with all had epic gaming rigs with all the extras, including ludicrously expensive mice. During my WoW days I was on the guild's A-Team as both tank and healer and every game I play I find the cheap mice totally adequate.

I know it sounds like bragging or whatever but it's not, I'm just saying that gaming mice are an unnecessary thing. They look nice and the flashy colours are all pretty cool and I suppose it's like a mark of "I'm a real gamer" to own one but as far as being good at a game goes, an expensive gaming mice gives you absolutely no advantage over a standard cheapo mouse whatsoever, at least in my experience.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
My advice would be... spend no more than a tenner. Honestly, you have these gaming mice that cost anything up to £100 with all these programmable buttons, but all I've ever had are bog standard mice with 2 buttons and a wheel and occasionally an extra button or two on the side which never get used, and it has always been fine for games. In BF2 I was always first or second for kills at the end of the round, and a lot of the clan members I played with all had epic gaming rigs with all the extras, including ludicrously expensive mice. During my WoW days I was on the guild's A-Team as both tank and healer and every game I play I find the cheap mice totally adequate.

I know it sounds like bragging or whatever but it's not, I'm just saying that gaming mice are an unnecessary thing. They look nice and the flashy colours are all pretty cool and I suppose it's like a mark of "I'm a real gamer" to own one but as far as being good at a game goes, an expensive gaming mice gives you absolutely no advantage over a standard cheapo mouse whatsoever, at least in my experience.

Ive always had cheap mice until I got my Mamba, I do a lot of 3D modelling, game design and gaming, I have to say the mamba is so much nicer than any mouse ive ever used before. Its extremely smooth compared to any mouse, the sensitivity with its 5000+ dpi is awesome, I have it pretty much on max.

Going from a cheap mouse to the £96 Mamba is as much of a step for me as it was going from a mouse to wacom tablet for graphics work. I guess its different for different people, and tbh Im not sure how much of an advantage it is in gamign as Im not an fps kinda person really, more of a racer myself, but for anything design related, 3D modelling and the like, I would highly highly recommend investing in a decent mouse.

Dayve

Well, I've never done 3D modelling or anything of that sort, I was just really talking about gaming. I guess, perhaps if I were to buy a £100 mouse I might think "OMG why did I wait so long!!!", but I just don't see the need, the cheapo ones are all I need to be awesome.