Gaming PC 900 pounds including monitor

steaky360

oh sozz mate i didnt realise, should i delete it?

I think its already been edited :)

I cant really answer your questions though I've never owned an Alienware before. From reading the forums though it seems Dell isn't quite as forthcoming when it comes to warranties etc as PCS appears to be. I would recommend PCS over any Alienware product simply because for a like-for-like system PCS will tend to be cheaper. That's before considering the other benefits such as Return to base warranty etc.

I certainly cant see the Dell/Alienware lasting longer than the PCS system.

okay cool thanks
ill think ill stick with pcs
this deal seems pretty good
about the power supply? on my pcs build its a 450W but on most other builds i seem to find much higher power supplies , what does the power supply actually effect? and what the benifit of having a higher power supply?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
okay cool thanks
ill think ill stick with pcs
this deal seems pretty good
about the power supply? on my pcs build its a 450W but on most other builds i seem to find much higher power supplies , what does the power supply actually effect? and what the benifit of having a higher power supply?

It depends on the components you have chosen (adding a 2nd graphics cards, HDDs, etc) what is your final spec?

Last edited:

Karnor00

Bright Spark
Not exactly, I'm not saying Kanor00 is wrong but I would expect a higher chance of component failure as they get older. I think what he was referring to are setup-related failures. If something isn't quite right usually it would be picked up fairly early in the computers life. I don't really want to put words in his mouth however.

I was indeed referring to setup-related failures. I'd agree that if something is fully working when it initially arrives then there is a higher change of component failure as they get older.

But you shouldn't imagine that these things go wrong all the time - they are like any electrical good really. I have a friend who bought a TV and it stopped working 3 months later. But I've know many people who have owned their TV's for years without a problem. In fact my parent's old TV was nearly 20 years old before they replaced it (not because it broke, just because they wanted a new one).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
does a higher power supply mean things will run better in any way?
No.
The 450w will allow you to add other components to your spec like an additional 2tb hard drive without any issues. Your motherboard doesn't support crossfire (adding a 2nd HD 7870) so you wouldn't need to upgrade your PSU.