Gaming PC Specs

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Agreed with all of the above.

If you're not bothered about high framerates or settings though, you can save on the GPU and stick to the RX 570. or the GTX 1650.

I don't think you can turn the (fixed white) LEDs on the Focus G off, can you?

Ahh I presumed there would be a switch. There's always a way though :ROFLMAO:

I've never liked the look of that case from the front for air. I love corsair but their offerings below the CUE for front air flow aren't that great IMO.

brumel

It definitely advised I reduce the power part but that's the sort of thing I thought I'd better check.... I'd like to go with Radeon graphics, if they are good? We're those what you're suggesting, @Oussebon :cool:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
mXE2fbMJWfyhBAqSnfDfAe-650-80.png

(Those 11 games include AC:OD, Borderlands 3 where "medium" means "high", Division 2, FC5, Forza Horizon 4, Hitman 2, Metro Exodus, The Outer Worlds, SOTTR, Strange Brigade, TW:WH2.

It definitely advised I reduce the power part but that's the sort of thing I thought I'd better check....
It's not exactly advising you to reduce the PSU, it's more to stop people buying 1500W Platinum rated thingies for their office PC where all they do is word process and listen to music videos on youtube. A 550W PSU is a good place to be in terms of not overspending, while keeping options open.

I'd probably buy a 1660 over a 570, but I'd actually buy a 2060 Super and a 1440p monitor, so... :)

brumel

I'd probably buy a 1660 over a 570, but I'd actually buy a 2060 Super and a 1440p monitor, so...
You presumably have a rather larger monitor.... Don't think I'd be playing games as demanding as those you listed! Radeon RX 5700 XT, then? :cool:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If they're really not demanding at all the RX570 would be fine, the 5700XT is a powerhouse GPU and way over what you're looking for.

For similar money the Nvidia cards are often the better option. If you really want to stick with AMD then the RX570 would be the best bang for buck. The Nvidia equivalent is the 1650.... which again covers your bases. The 1660 is a REALLY good card from Nvidia at a fantastic pricepoint for 1080p. It's often the go-to recommendation for this sort of gaming. When the budget allows the 1660 SUPER is presented. Next, as above, the 2060 Super would be proposed..... this is you firmly into 1440p gaming though (As suggested).

Monitor size doesn't really come into play. You could have a 65" 1080p screen and it won't be any harder for the GPU to fill than it would your 21" monitor. It's the pixel count that matters (number of pixels).

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Is that a pun or did you mistake the RX 570 for the RX 5700 XT? Very different things!

I have a 31.5" monitor but only because perversely it was cheaper than the 27" ones for the same spec. What I'd want is a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor, with adaptive sync.

pixel density
I quibble this :)

brumel

Monitor size doesn't really come into play. You could have a 65" 1080p screen and it won't be any harder for the GPU to fill than it would your 21" monitor. It's the pixel count that matters (number of pixels).
Well, you obviously get the higher definition larger monitor.... If you want one of those! :cool:
If they're really not demanding at all the RX570 would be fine, the 5700XT is a powerhouse GPU and way over what you're looking for.

For similar money the Nvidia cards are often the better option. If you really want to stick with AMD then the RX570 would be the best bang for buck. The Nvidia equivalent is the 1650.... which again covers your bases. The 1660 is a REALLY good card from Nvidia at a fantastic pricepoint for 1080p. It's often the go-to recommendation for this sort of gaming. When the budget allows the 1660 SUPER is presented.
Well, I haven't specifically checked! I'm assuming the games that were picked were the most demanding. That's where it's difficult, so i'll compare the prices now I know exactly what to check :geek:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The games in the PC Gamer benchmark are mostly very demanding, though Strange Bridge and Forza aren't so bad.

As above, the RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT would be a waste of cash for 1080p.

RX 570 if you want to be economical. GTX 1660 if you want to be lavish.

brumel

Thanks, that's very helpful.... You've saved me hundreds of pounds! I'll probably go ahead & order it soon, then :p