Gaming pc with 7870 2gb

Rufin

Hi guys can you tell what do you thing about following specs.If Ill take this motherboard with wifi is that mean that I dont need any more wireless cards?

COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7870 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1155 STANDARD CPU COOLER

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
What is this system going to be used for, without that it's hard to say how good it is. One thing i would upgrade regardless is the HDD to a caviar black, that drive is faster and the only area of your machine where you will notice the performance gain.

I have been waiting for someone to ask this question. I looked it up when i first noticed the wifi capability of this board, and apparently it will allow you to connect to the internet via your wireless router. To be honest i had never thought about built in wireless, but now i think about it.... Seems like something that should have been done a while ago... Anyway yes it will connect to your existing network and get onto the internet via that.

Rufin

Thank you, basically I like to play Shogun 2 on ultra,this radeon 7870 is good for this game,i have seen one benchamark and it gets 30-45 fps on ultra in FHD.I am not sure only about CPU is enough good for this game

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
An i5 will handle it, infact an i5 is all you need for gaming right now as it will play any game you like. It will start to struggle in a couple of years when everyone has a quadcore and the next step is eight core CPU's but thats to be expected.

A 7870 and an i5 are a well ballaned combo so you don't need to worry about it.