Gaming PC

Hi, please excuse my ignorance. I'm returning to PC gaming after about 12 years out so I genuinely have no idea what's what anymore. I'm by no means a high end or power user & I won't be streaming or anything like that, just watching others on YouTube! I'd rather not have all the RGB lights either. Other than gaming I'll use Excel / Publisher / Adobe Pro & a little AutoCAD for basic line drawing & measuring. I could manage to come up with around £1500 & would ideally like that to include a monitor. Have I missed any important info?

Been reading through some similar posts & notice that monitor is the most important bit of info needed. 1440p & 144hz seems popular & I like the idea of a 27". Pretty much my 2nd day of looking into this so apologies if I'm wasting anyones time. My budget is flexible, maybe around £1500-£1700 including monitor. I don't need Windows or anything else, just tower & monitor.

Thanks.

Without much knowledge I'd buy the iiyama G-Master GB2760QSU 27" QHD 144Hz Gaming Monitor if this helps with advising a build. I'm open to suggestions on the monitor for something similar, cheaper, better etc.

Thanks again, hope to hear from someone soon!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This is easily going to be the best value for you. With the Windows license removed it's £1420. I would recommend the silver warranty for a fiver though.

Paired with the IIYAMA G-MASTER GB2760QSU-B1 27" would be perfect. not in stock till June though :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You're spoilt for choice at that budget

This one is probably the winner for the budget, includes HDR400:

Thanks for that, looks beautiful but might be too big. What would you recommend for 27"? I was going for the IIYAMA G-MASTER GB2760QSU-B1 27" but just wanted to double check.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would take this one over the IIYAMA, the IIYAMA is a budget option, but can't match this one which has full HDR10 which is usually only found on extremely premium monitors:

So ordered that 27" you recommended. Any advice on maybe anything similar to surround it by? Just something to sit there with maybe Netflix on while gaming on the main screen? I've also at least PlayStation 1-4 & 4 Pro sitting to be potentially fired up.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So ordered that 27" you recommended. Any advice on maybe anything similar to surround it by? Just something to sit there with maybe Netflix on while gaming on the main screen? I've also at least PlayStation 1-4 & 4 Pro sitting to be potentially fired up.
What kind of budget?

Honestly I've no idea. I'm already 2k'ish into the new setup so possibly £200 now but possibly £400 in 2 months. Is there any way to give a decent low, medium, high recommendation or is that just impossible without a budget? Hate to give you the run around but I just don't really know! If you where a sales man I'd be a pretty easy mark to get money from :ROFLMAO:.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Honestly I've no idea. I'm already 2k'ish into the new setup so possibly £200 now but possibly £400 in 2 months. Is there any way to give a decent low, medium, high recommendation or is that just impossible without a budget? Hate to give you the run around but I just don't really know! If you where a sales man I'd be a pretty easy mark to get money from :ROFLMAO:.
I'll put a few options. It doesn't need to be a performance monitor as you won't be gaming on it, so it's really resolution and panel type that are going to be the main factors.

4k would be very nice for media, it scales well for lower resolution web stuff and you still have the option for 4k netflix or movies on the system. Plus it's great for general real estate for productivity anyway, you've got the option to run multiple browser windows in split view or quad split.

Basic, but nice quality 27" 4k:

This is a higher IPS panel 27" 4k, on offer at the moment at £250, absolute steal:

Or a premium Samsung Quantum Dot panel 4k 32":