GamingCenterU - TongFang Chassis - mini guide

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK, so having seen several questions recently about how to turn on or change the LED colour lighting system, I thought I would put a small guide on here about the GamingCenter app that is (should be) installed on your laptop when you get it.

This guide is for the GamingCenter app on a TongFang - my model number is GK71DR - an Optimus Pro XI in PCS terms, my spec can be seen in my signature.

Firstly, check it is installed - you can do this easily by clicking the little search bar next to the windows start button in the bottom left hand side, or when clicking Start - start typing GamingCenter - it should show up - click to open it. If it is not installed, then go to your PCS support downloads page and obtain the GamingCenterU zip folder which will have it in to be installed.

(Please note that this might be called ControlCenter even for some TongFangs but it is the GamingCenterU screens that you are likely to see below - some screens maybe slightly different depending on chassis - I have an Optimus Pro IX which screenshots was taken from).

You can also open it from the icon in the bottom right corner:

1608487646558.png

Right clicking the icon, you get a menu - clicking Enable Gaming Center - opens it - I will explain the Operating Modes later that you see here:

1608487669716.png

When you open it you will be greeted with this:

1608487814753.png

On the left hand side you have main pages to click on - jus explaining them in order here now:

First button at top is EZ Switch - basically some quick settings that you can use - as you see on the screen shot above - this has:

Light Effect:
Keyboard backlight
- turn on and off the LED on the keyboard - does exactly as it says. The Fn + F6 and Fn + F7 function keys adjust the brightness, but can also be used to turn on/off the lights.

Timer - not sure why you would want a Timer, but you can set this from 10 seconds, all the way through to 'Never' and it is a basic timer for how long you want the lights on for on your keyboard.

Display:
Power source for Display
- this turns off your screen not quite sure why you would want it - its not a sleep mode and basically as soon as you touch your mouse or keyboard again the screen comes back on - I suppose some people may have a use for it.

Display Features - this is various Display (brightness / contrast) and Colour adjusted (temperature, RGB) modes - you have a choice of Standard, Gaming, Video and Reading presets, plus a Customize - when you have selected one a cog appears (except on Standard) which you can press to adjust as per the following screen shot:

1608488513298.png

Other Settings:

Windows Key Lock
- this enables / disables the keyboard Windows key - quite useful if you accidentally keep pressing it in full screen games. Can also be toggled by pressing Fn + F2.

Hibernation USB Power: when this has been toggled on, your USB port will remain active when the laptop is powered down or in hibernation mode. Quite useful, for example, if you leave your phone plugged in to charge when you are not on your laptop although be careful as will drain the laptop battery if you havent got your machine plugged in.

Turn off OSD: this toggles the little on screen display on and off that you get in the top left corner when you put volume up, down, brightness, turn on/off the touchpad, numlock on and off etc, a few examples shown here:
1608489181077.png

Attachments

• 1608489653158.png
    1608489653158.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 917
  • 1608490522539.png
    1608490522539.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 767
  • 1608490766914.png
    1608490766914.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 628
  • 1608491016757.png
    1608491016757.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 1608491392026.png
    1608491392026.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Part 2 - had to split it sorry:

OK - that covers all the EZSwitch section (that I can show you from my machine). Now onto the next of the left hand menu buttons:

Lighting:

This is where you change the colours of your keyboard LED lights - you only get the same colour applied to all keys - there is no function in this GamingCenter to choose different colours for different sections OR individual key colours. The choices you get are as per the screen shot below (30 colours, including black and white).

View attachment 20570

You can select

Monochrome - A single colour - select from the colours on the left.

Colourful - this periodically changes between several colours (possibly all of them, I haven't actually looked at it long enough to see how many it scrolls through)

Manual - You can choose 6 colours, that it will 'scroll' through at a timed interval for each colour - which you can set as 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 seconds

Brightness - as it says - this is the brightness level of the LED lights on the keyboard. Can also be adjusted by pressing the Fn + F6 and Fn + F7.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Part 3:

OK next up:

Operating Mode:

Basically - FANS. There are three ways (on the Optimus Pro laptop) to switch between the three preset modes - in the Gaming Center, right clicking the icon - as pictured earlier, or pressing the button to the left of the power button that has the 'rev counter' type icon on it. This cycles between the modes.

Office Mode (less fans, so quieter - but not ideal to use when gaming - hence the name):

View attachment 20572

Basically, this is the slowest fan speeds usually and you have choices on the right hand side for Quiet, Middle and Loud which again just changes the 'curve' you see underneath - the curve indicates the %age of speed of fans ('y' axis) that it will run at, if the temperatures ('x' axis) are reached.

You can also 'Customize' - albeit this just enables you to move the dots up and down (not left and right) for the five temperature settings:

View attachment 20573

Office mode also has an Eco button in the middle of that big dial too - less power usage.

Game / Turbo modes:

View attachment 20575

The system will automatically adjust your fans as it sees it needs to. You can not adjust this mode - its an automatic mode that base don the temperatures of your CPU and GPU, the fans will kick in and get louder or when cooler, slow down and be quieter.

There is a Fan Boost mode to this - which basically sticks the fans on full blast by the sounds of it - not sure if there is a fast-key way of putting boost mode on.

Turbo mode increases the performance of the fans and speed higher than normal gaming mode - so if you play some intensive games where the temperatures do get hot quickly and you can bear a bit, ok a lot, more noise from the fans, then you may be better having it in this mode to help with the cooling.

There is also a CPU Power Boost to toggle on / off for Turbo mode.

Finally,

System Monitor

This is a series of screens that gives you various information about your system - there are no settings to set in here, but you can see Network Speed, Battery level, Processor usage / temperatures, memory usage / temps, GPU usage and temps. Just have a look (I cant attach any more pictures sorry but should be self explanatory.)

I hope this has helped someone - even if it helps just one person, then I am happy I spent the time to put this together for you.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I had done it so that the screen prints showed in with the text, but for some reason when i then had to split the post (as was too long), it has now just done it that you have to click on the link to see the images...anyone know how to change it back as easier to see with the images in the post rather than clicking out all the time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had done it so that the screen prints showed in with the text, but for some reason when i then had to split the post (as was too long), it has now just done it that you have to click on the link to see the images...anyone know how to change it back as easier to see with the images in the post rather than clicking out all the time.
You'd need to remove the links, then re upload the images into the posts again.

If you edit them, it creates links instead of embedding the image.

TheMash

Bronze Level Poster
Hi! Thank you very much for your effort and very helpful guide!

Although I've checked my Gaming Center and I noticed my application is missing few features.

1. The color picker is different, plus missing the white colour;
  2. there's no CPU boost button in my application.
My system is a Vyper III with i7 10875H.
Is it depending on the model of the laptop?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-30 171130.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-30 171130.png
    973.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Screenshot 2021-01-30 171155.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-30 171155.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 471

Bhuna50

Author Level
Yes sorry, it is likely that the differences are chassis related - I have the Optimus IX Pro.

I have put a sentence in the first post so people are aware there may be some differences.

josrop

Is there anyway of using it just for the light and using some like Intel utilities tool as it is pretty poor. Static fan curves. And not under clocking ability.

Hi! Thank you very much for your effort and very helpful guide!

Although I've checked my Gaming Center and I noticed my application is missing few features.

1. The color picker is different, plus missing the white colour;
  2. there's no CPU boost button in my application.
My system is a Vyper III with i7 10875H.
Is it depending on the model of the laptop?
mine is the same as you, might be a newer update, but my function key on keyboard lighting isnt working after the first day

Aiddar

Hi there - thanks for the above.

However, is it possible to post a link to the downloads? From my account, all I can see is the OS system image and a W10_numlock_fix zip file, dating from 2016. Nothing for gaming centre or control centre...

Any ideas?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi there - thanks for the above.

However, is it possible to post a link to the downloads? From my account, all I can see is the OS system image and a W10_numlock_fix zip file, dating from 2016. Nothing for gaming centre or control centre...

Any ideas?
If it’s not there you’d need to contact PCS and get them to upload it.