Geforce Experience Update - Shadowplay

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Didn't you do some rendering thing though bsrz that took a while? Do you have any stuttering issues if you just record some footage and then watch it straight back in something like windows media player?

Bsrz

Rising Star
Didn't you do some rendering thing though bsrz that took a while? Do you have any stuttering issues if you just record some footage and then watch it straight back in something like windows media player?

Hey grimezy I did render the video but once the recording from shadowplay had finished it saved as a .mp4 video file in my videos folder. I opened the file straight away in windows media player and it looked the same as it did after rendering - it was ultra smooth 60fps full hd1080p recording. looks stunning I would definitely use it again - the only downside atm is that you can only record 20 minutes as far as I am aware.

it took me 2 and a half hours to render the .mp4 clip and upload it to YouTube - the clip was around 5 minutes long and the actual rendering side was done in adobe premiere pro cs6.

Last edited:

kruppsy

Master
An update from me. I found that what I choose to watch it back with makes a difference. Im still getting to grips with Win8 but whatever the default Video Player is (double clicking takes you into a Metro based one for me) seems to give the glitches i mentioned earlier, using actual Windows Media player is a hell of a lot smoother, still a a couple of missed frames but nowhere near as bad as before.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I still can't use it in BF3, it doesn't give me the little icon in the corner. Not really that bothered just not sure why.

kruppsy

Master
I still can't use it in BF3, it doesn't give me the little icon in the corner. Not really that bothered just not sure why.

Weird. BF3 was the first game I tried it on, no probs here. Don't think I'll be recording much footage though, my BF3 skills are woeful.

Last edited:

Bsrz

Rising Star

did you flick the switch in geforce experience and click the setting to show the recording icon in whatever corner you set it to - if not go to preferences - shadowplay - tick the show recording indicator box and select a corner - then using your keyboard what ever buttons you set it to, using them you can toggle on or off.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
did you flick the switch in geforce experience and click the setting to show the recording icon in whatever corner you set it to - if not go to preferences - shadowplay - tick the show recording indicator box and select a corner - then using your keyboard what ever buttons you set it to, using them you can toggle on or off.

Yep did all that. It works in Far Cry 3 but not it BF3 (the icon doesn't show and it doesn't record). It doesn't show in Football Manager either come to think of it.

bigben

Master Poster
it's a little stuttery at the beginning, but then sorts itself out. L

I also tried it last night on BF4 and found the same. Not gonna be uploading that video though, wasn't very impressive.. Maybe I'll go on BF3 and have another go with it (much better at that game).

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I might shadowplay myself playing Battlefield 4 for the very first time (ie. of any Battlefield game), jumping straight in at multiplayer this evening... Might provide some good comedy...

bigben

Master Poster
Just tried it again as I was having a good game on BF3, flicked it on and got a significant performance decrease. I didn't have fraps or anything on to check fps but it was pretty awful. However I am used to playing at 144 fps.