General game banter

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It’s not even out until next year but I’ve just happened across this one. I think it merits a mention as one to keep an eye on as it’s essentially Max Payne with werewolves and vampires… and surely that can only be a good thing, right?

Not sure if you believe in omens or fate or whatever, but the original Max Payne release date was 20 years ago today - it's official, this game is going to be awesome!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Not sure if you believe in omens or fate or whatever, but the original Max Payne release date was 20 years ago today - it's official, this game is going to be awesome!
Also a strange coincidence, I was playing Max Payne 2 earlier, thought I’d start rounding off my weeks annual leave with one of my all time favourites. Seems like the stars are aligning!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Also a strange coincidence, I was playing Max Payne 2 earlier, thought I’d start rounding off my weeks annual leave with one of my all time favourites. Seems like the stars are aligning!
I got trapped in a burning restaurant playing Max Payne, haven't tried 2 yet even though I've got it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That does it, I have to install 1 and 2 now!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You absolutely MUST play 2, I rate it over 1 actually, one of the all time greatest games ever.
Agreed!

And Max himself approves of that statement.

C1AC0E8F-4773-4054-8D52-B0D77EE589B6.jpeg

Even if his facial expression does hint at constipation.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

KippleKat

Enthusiast
It’s not even out until next year but I’ve just happened across this one. I think it merits a mention as one to keep an eye on as it’s essentially Max Payne with werewolves and vampires… and surely that can only be a good thing, right?

Oh my glob! That looks like it could be fantastic. I loved Max Payne and if they throw in some vampires and werewolves even better 😬

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, there's various issues with rare memory leaks, sound not working, some issues with the code causing crashes in newer AMD hardware and other issues I wasn't aware of.
Last time I played it was 2012, so it's definitely been a while, that was likely on a 1st Gen i7 so yep, this will likely need these fixes. Plus the widescreen fix will be very welcome as well (y)

CMP01

Enthusiast
Gonna swallow up the rest of my holiday!

View attachment 28137

Ooh, some nice ones there.

I absolutely loved the original F.E.A.R on XB360. I feel it didn't get the rep it really deserved, even though the tension and combat AI was well done indeed. I later got the trilogy on Steam during a nostalgic phase but haven't really played more yet (iffy or incomplete controller support is a bad thing for my kb/m cack handedness)
Never got the Max Payne's, even though I know they were very good and were on my radar for years back in my more console days (when I only maintained enough PC to have a laptop for Total War, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes)
Never got a chance to do Mass Effect either. Currently waiting for the new trilogy edition to get cheap. Didn't like Andromeda much though tbh.

I have to ask... that Prey... is that the new shapeshifting aliens one (which I still can't get to run ok, first screen always turning green on old PC, and now some other ish on new PC) or the old Native American one (which was great on XB360)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have to ask... that Prey... is that the new shapeshifting aliens one (which I still can't get to run ok, first screen always turning green on old PC, and now some other ish on new PC) or the old Native American one (which was great on XB360)
It’s the original Native American one which I rate enormously.

I have the new one too although haven’t played too far through it yet.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine