General questions

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
I'm aware that there is an element of silicon lottery when overclocking a PC.

When you buy an overclocked PC, does that mean it's tested and guaranteed to work at the specific overclocked rate? Is there a premium for this service?

I'd be interested in learning about experiences from others who have gone down this path.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Anyone know if PCS are able to source one off cases not listed in the configurator? I'm interested in the Lian Li PC-O11DW.

lawrencea110

You can purchase whatever case you want (as long as it is compatible with your spec) and send it to them and they will configure your PC with it. Don't think they can source cases for you if its not in the configurator though.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
I'm aware that there is an element of silicon lottery when overclocking a PC.

When you buy an overclocked PC, does that mean it's tested and guaranteed to work at the specific overclocked rate? Is there a premium for this service?

I'd be interested in learning about experiences from others who have gone down this path.
Can anyone help with this question please?

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for sharing that info. I didn't know about the AMD situation with overclocking so it's useful to know. I'm building a for simracing where single core performance is key. I'm going to wait until 8th Oct to see what AMD announces and then make a decision on which way to go.

Last edited: