General questions

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I didn't know this - I thought if we selected the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti we would get just that (the original) - Is this they've written 'not from reference design'?
All GPU's are either NVidia or AMD, that's who makes the actual GPU silicon. It's just a chip like a CPU, it's not a card.

Then various board partners make various models of card to fit the AMD or NVidia GPU chip.

Nvidia make one range which is the FE series, but those are very small quantities on release and sell out within weeks. PCS don't sell FE's, the only place that does in the UK is Scan but they all sold out long ago.

Ascetic Focus

Bronze Level Poster
All GPU's are either NVidia or AMD, that's who makes the actual GPU silicon. It's just a chip like a CPU, it's not a card.

Then various board partners make various models of card to fit the AMD or NVidia GPU chip.

Nvidia make one range which is the FE series, but those are very small quantities on release and sell out within weeks. PCS don't sell FE's, the only place that does in the UK is Scan but they all sold out long ago.
Thanks for your response.

So whilst I was waiting for this 3060 Ti to arrive back in stock, my attention was drawn to the 8GB ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - which if amended to my order would have me paying an extra £55 - but what really is the difference between these two cards? Apart from one being manufactured by Palit/Zodac etc. and the other ASUS?

Reason I'm asking is being the ASUS seems to be in stock 👼

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks for your response.

So whilst I was waiting for this 3060 Ti to arrive back in stock, my attention was drawn to the 8GB ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - which if amended to my order would have me paying an extra £55 - but what really is the difference between these two cards? Apart from one being manufactured by Palit/Zodac etc. and the other ASUS?

Reason I'm asking is being the ASUS seems to be in stock 👼
The performance difference will be negligible if any, the ASUS card will just have ASUS's own cooling design and build quality which is generally fairly good.

I wouldn't consider it worth £55 though, that's for sure

Ascetic Focus

Bronze Level Poster
The performance difference will be negligible if any, the ASUS card will just have ASUS's own cooling design and build quality which is generally fairly good.

I wouldn't consider it worth £55 though, that's for sure

Lol unless it means your PC arriving quicker ;)

Ascetic Focus

Bronze Level Poster
This may be a daft question, but I have a 4K monitor which my (very) old GPU (560Ti for those of you who are wondering 😬) only maxed out at 1080p resolution (aside from gaming) - I've recently ordered a build with a 3060Ti - that would support a 4K resolution, right? And just to be clear, I'm not talking about gaming or framerates, just simple 4K resolution for Windows 10/11

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This may be a daft question, but I have a 4K monitor which my (very) old GPU (560Ti for those of you who are wondering 😬) only maxed out at 1080p resolution (aside from gaming) - I've recently ordered a build with a 3060Ti - that would support a 4K resolution, right? And just to be clear, I'm not talking about gaming or framerates, just simple 4K resolution for Windows 10/11
Yes, just running the display for Windows isn't graphically demanding at all, you'd be more than fine with a 3060TI for that.

If you have any more questions, feel free to start a new thread, we don't want to hijack anyone elses 👍