General questions

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I ordered a nivida rtx 3060 ti will this be the founders edition or is it random?
It won't be an FE, there's only one retailer for them in the UK. It'll be a board partner, most likely Zotac or Palit, but we have seen Gigabyte (which are pretty common tbf) and even a few EVGA before. Due to the shortages, I'd imagine they're just getting their hands on what they can

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
It won't be an FE, there's only one retailer for them in the UK. It'll be a board partner, most likely Zotac or Palit, but we have seen Gigabyte (which are pretty common tbf) and even a few EVGA before. Due to the shortages, I'd imagine they're just getting their hands on what they can
thanks a lot for the response

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
Also wanted to ask do the different types have different performance?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Also wanted to ask do the different types have different performance?
Assuming by types you mean a Gigabyte VS a Zotac for example. Performance will be within margin. The actual GPU part is made by NVIDIA which has to meet a certain spec, it's then sent to all the board partners who design their own board with power delivery cooling they decide on, those are the main bits that'll change between the different partners.

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
Assuming by types you mean a Gigabyte VS a Zotac for example. Performance will be within margin. The actual GPU part is made by NVIDIA which has to meet a certain spec, it's then sent to all the board partners who design their own board with power delivery cooling they decide on, those are the main bits that'll change between the different partners.
yep that's exactly what I meant thanks for that :)

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered my pc on the 20th of December and its been 6 working days since it was processing is it supposed to be that long or do I just have to continue waiting.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I ordered my pc on the 20th of December and its been 6 working days since it was processing is it supposed to be that long or do I just have to continue waiting.
Be there for a few more days I reckon, they’re closed over Christmas period and don’t resume building until 29th Dec.

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
I know that when I receive the pc I will need an os but If im understanding this correctly wouldn't It benefit me greatly to buy the license key for 120 pounds from windows directly than getting it pre-installed with my pc for around 80 something pounds because if I got it pre installed its one with my motherboard so if I change that I need a new license?

what makes more sense generally speaking as I do plan to upgrade my pc in the future would I run into less issues if I just buy from windows? Also didn't want win 11 because of the negative reviews and poor performance compared to win 10

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know that when I receive the pc I will need an os but If im understanding this correctly wouldn't It benefit me greatly to buy the license key for 120 pounds from windows directly than getting it pre-installed with my pc for around 80 something pounds because if I got it pre installed its one with my motherboard so if I change that I need a new license?

what makes more sense generally speaking as I do plan to upgrade my pc in the future would I run into less issues if I just buy from windows? Also didn't want win 11 because of the negative reviews and poor performance compared to win 10
It's not like the old days, you can attach any windows license to your Microsoft account making it digital and then transfer it to another build

So doesn't make a difference if you buy from Microsoft or PCS, either can be moved to another build

Windows 11 is the same as 10

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
It's not like the old days, you can attach any windows license to your Microsoft account making it digital and then transfer it to another build

So doesn't make a difference if you buy from Microsoft or PCS, either can be moved to another build

Oh wow that helps a lot thanks for that I was just about to waste money

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster

I purchased a laptop that came pre installed with windows 8 or 8.1 in 2015 then upgraded to windows 10 and connected my msa does that link the windows 10 license?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I purchased a laptop that came pre installed with windows 8 or 8.1 in 2015 then upgraded to windows 10 and connected my msa does that link the windows 10 license?
Yes, that's now a digital license. You can check it by looking in your Microsoft account

You can transfer it to any other machine so long of course as it's only live on one machine.