Getting first PC on Finance

SaqounBaqoun

Hey Guys, So I'm turning 18 very soon and was wondering if I would have any issues with getting a build on Finance? I've been in full time employment for the last year but just wanted to make it a bit easier for myself. Other than that I'm looking to really go all out £1500 - £2000 for the build with a 144hz Monitor as I'm trying to get back into competitively playing games lol (Rocket League, Valorant...) - just wondering if anyone's got any recommendations at all? Appreciate it guys

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey Guys, So I'm turning 18 very soon and was wondering if I would have any issues with getting a build on Finance? I've been in full time employment for the last year but just wanted to make it a bit easier for myself. Other than that I'm looking to really go all out £1500 - £2000 for the build with a 144hz Monitor as I'm trying to get back into competitively playing games lol (Rocket League, Valorant...) - just wondering if anyone's got any recommendations at all? Appreciate it guys
It all depends on your credit score which depends on your address and income and various other factors.

Best to sign up to Experian or ClearScore to see what yours is.

Gavras

Master Poster
The first bit of advice, is never get finance unless unavoidable, save first.

the next bit if decide not to save, go via your bank, a bank, rates are usually far lower.

then if non of that works and you really must have that device etc, then shop around with finance, look for 0% deals or lowest borrow to pay back amount.

look at what APR the banks are charging as a guide, interest rates are low, the one for the PC site is high compared to other options above.

Also back to saving, if going finance, save the most you can manage this reduces the extra cash you have to pay back.

The best thing is never to have finance, especially at moment, very few jobs are secure, many companies will be reviewing employee requirements now that furlough scheme is coming to an end.

Ask your self, could you wait a year?

Would your world end?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The first bit of advice, is never get finance unless unavoidable, save first.

the next bit if decide not to save, go via your bank, a bank, rates are usually far lower.

then if non of that works and you really must have that device etc, then shop around with finance, look for 0% deals or lowest borrow to pay back amount.

look at what APR the banks are charging as a guide, interest rates are low, the one for the PC site is high compared to other options above.

Also back to saving, if going finance, save the most you can manage this reduces the extra cash you have to pay back.

The best thing is never to have finance, especially at moment, very few jobs are secure, many companies will be reviewing employee requirements now that furlough scheme is coming to an end.

Ask your self, could you wait a year?

Would your world end?
I second this good advice.

Plus, if you're not yet 18 then you likely have no credit history. Finance companies may not be keen to lend over £1000 to someone just turned 18 with no credit history - unless you have a very well paid job of course. :)

the finance PCS use is pretty good to be honest, if you clear your balance in 12 months you only pay a admin fee which is not much in terms of the cost of the PC.

I think if you look at finance, there are a lot of 0% around. clearly if your looking at stupid 29%APR then walk away, likewise being a youngster applying for could be the wrong time for you, and could make things worse, for example your apply, they refuse due to credit rating, and the refusal could impact you CR even further.

johtri

Join a Credit Union , do some research before you ever get into borrowing money that be my advice , but saving up for something that you want is best and cheapest way possible without incurring charges unless ofc you can get 0% interest loans , but stay well within your budget of what you can afford