Gigabyte M34WQ Ultrawide

CMP01

Enthusiast
Nice, nice, nice. So, this monitor is pretty much the IPS version of what I have; G34WQC, which has been awesome.
Shame this wasn't around when I was buying, else I might have snapped it up. Still, at about £650 against the IPS choice back then, the LG 34GN850-B, which was and still is around £200 more and about twice the price I paid for the G34WQC...
It's on the list of maybe some day lol.

I couldn't swear to what's better of VA and IPS either. My only real experience of the latter being with 17" gaming laptops, which are also good enough for most needs at 1080p imo. Pros and cons I guess, but more pros with either over TN.

As for that game; Control, I put in 2-3 hours, more as a system test when I got this PC than actually getting into it (though it's probably next up on the list after HZD is done) It's very good and polished for what I played though, even without RT.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Well, two days later and I've finally tracked down an M34WQ at about the price it should be, in the £400-500 range, which isn't far off that of a G34WQC... and that suggested price range shows that Gigabyte are pretty much kings of lower budget yet very quality monitors.

I'm kind of stuck now tbh... I actually figured a way to sort gf that PC and so could do with a new monitor. But this M34 is a flatty and I like curvy. Nm that she'd prefer a white-ish monitor for the white/silvery/pink build, RGB and peripherals but there's no decent such shaded monitors (these things being rare and pricey to boot) Think I might just go with another G34WQC to go with her Gigabyte 3070, as she liked mine, and I dunno, make it white somehow...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well its now on a duel mount with the G5

1637957383446.jpeg

CMP01

Enthusiast
Ended up finding one for the gf at £479 as it's the slightly better monitor (over the G34WQC at £439) especially re the flat screen for artwork aso. I was tempted to get one for me but I really like curved screens ever since my first 5 years ago.