Glossy or Matte?

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Hi all, just a quick question, should I go for the GLOSSY or the MATTE option on the Optimus 17.3" ? :)

rickne

Master Poster
Glossy is lovely in a dark room but an inch of sunlight and you'll see nothing apart from yourself staring back at you. Matte screens arent as shiny but are super sharp and dont reflect sunlight as much as glossy so much more forgiving outdoors or next to a window. I went for Matte without hesitation.

rickne

Master Poster
I have the AUO matte screen and its a lovely screen but i have had two now with dead pixels. Unfortnetly the AUO screens are out of stock untill further notice so I wont be sending mine back a second time. The quality of the images are spectacular.

I went for a Glossy screen as I'll only be using the laptop indoors, in areas where I have control over the lights etc. Would have been Matte if I didn't have that control, or I would use it ourdoors at all.

Keithg

Enthusiast
I went matte with my optimus and am loving it.
Had glossy on my old HP and definitley prefer the matte.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I've got a matte on my Optimus, looks brilliant. Never have to see reflections in it, and the colours are superb. I dont see what all the fuss is with glossy, sure they can do better blacks but the black on mattes is pretty damn good.

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for all your answers, im going to go with matte as our house is fairly bright aha! Cheers :)