GN round-up vid concerning dell and 1000w power for Nvidia blackwell GPUs

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just can't accept this, I really hope AMD take a bit more responsibility and don't follow suit, it's just getting stupid now.

I thought I was overdoing it with a 1200W ATX3 PSU!!!

I realise this is a server grade card, but these things tend to bubble down to the consumer market

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
"Steam reaches a new all time high for users"

"I dunno about that, I've played counter strike with voice chat on, and I've heard some pretty high users, so that's a high bar to set."

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ll have to wire the whole lot of my solar panels directly to the PC and forego the battery or feeding anything back into the grid.

Although I was considering topping up the battery on a cheap tariff overnight, solely to power the PC :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’ll have to wire the whole lot of my solar panels directly to the PC and forego the battery or feeding anything back into the grid.

Although I was considering topping up the battery on a cheap tariff overnight, solely to power the PC :unsure:
Up to the GTX1080ti 650w was the de facto standard for like a decade previous, and even the RTX2080ti was 650w min PSU.

Now we’ve got the GPU alone hitting that within 2 generations.

I thought I’d gone suitably overboard with a 1200w ATX3 PSU but now I’m questioning that.

Just bonkers.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I just can't accept this, I really hope AMD take a bit more responsibility and don't follow suit, it's just getting stupid now.

I thought I was overdoing it with a 1200W ATX3 PSU!!!

I realise this is a server grade card, but these things tend to bubble down to the consumer market

imagine transient spikes factored in as well

Explosion Computer GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
imagine transient spikes factored in as well

Explosion Computer GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
From what I understand the new ATX3 standard accounts for transient spikes up to double the rating of the PSU, but yeah, if anyone's on an older ATX2 PSU, it's highly unlikely it's going to support anything above mid-tier, guess a lot of people will have to accept replacing their PSU's to accommodate a high end GPU.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They’ll have to start making modular PSUs, so you can link 2 or more together as needed.

I’m also assuming the HX1200i I’ve ordered is the latest ATX3/PCIE5 model and not the older ATX2/PCIE4 model, as PCS’s descriptions are useless.

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Was thinking of treating myself to a new GPU next year (gotta set up for GTA6!), but my 850w may not be able to hack it. Then again, when I bought this PC, 1000w was seen as complete overkill at the time - madness!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m also assuming the HX1200i I’ve ordered is the latest ATX3/PCIE5 model and not the older ATX2/PCIE4 model, as PCS’s descriptions are useless.

It’s not entirely clear even on corsairs site as they seem to list 2 HX1200i units, one which is ATX3 and one which is ATX2.4

I would give PCS a call just to be sure. If it’s not, I think their HX1500i unit is ATX3