Good phone that isn't an iphone?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
The iphone was great and all, but it wasn't small enough for me to use as a phone. (Felt like a brick to my ears) Any suggestions?

Pete

Bright Spark
well i may get lambasted by everyone for mentioning the HTC Wildfire... It was my first smart phone about 4 months ago, my choice was more down to budget but i've been happy with it. Of course it's by no means in the same league as the iPhone or HTC Desire or Galaxy S...... but it does for me, easy to use & configure. I can imagine though that if you're used to an iPhone it just won't be as good.

best bet is to walk into a phoneshop and have a feel of a few (so to speak)

Meds

I have the HTC Desire, not a bad word to say about it.

EDIT: apart from poor battery life!

Stappa

Enthusiast
HTC Desire for me lol,though I do keep thinking about an iphone??my old Nokia 8800 EM(still use it for work) was a decent entry level smartish fone thou

XProdgerX

Got the New Blackberry Torch 9800 a few weeks ago, impressed with it so far, only thing that annoys me is the camera its sometimes slow or unresponsive but might just be my handset.

Btw: Its the flip touch screen and keypad. :L

Last edited:

MJL

Bronze Level Poster
BlackBerry Bold 9780. Bloody amazing phone. Especially if your finding the iPhone too big for your ears, this phone is perfect size, smaller than the iPhone, very compact by this I mean there is soooo many things you can do on it. Please at least have a look at it, its that good!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
-.- got the iphone 4 -.- o2 seem to be the only place to give me unlimited minutes ;( all i wanted was 5000, but they had 1200 or 999,999 minutes ... stupid jump grrr

edit: shall be here tomorrow, renewed my contract cos i love my apps :p

Last edited:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Well my phonearrived today... YAY

Edit: -.- phone broke -.- -.- -.- restore errors all over the place, i hate you apple

- i am so beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeep right now[video=youtube;KJJW7EF5aVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJW7EF5aVk[/video]
so my phones decided to spend itself in recovery mode... which means i cant actually use itunes unless i restore my phone to factory settings, ... click restore... ERROR 2000, error 1600 error 1337 -.-

-rang up apple, they confirmed that it was a hardware fault and i get my replacement on monday, woooo!!!

-replacements on its way... about 4 miles away :p

- and it's here, and it works

Last edited:

vinny

i have a htc wildfire think it's gr8 every man and is dog as a i phone didn't want 2 be a sheep and get a i phone just cause every 1 else as 1. my wildfire does everything i need, desire upgrade soon :)

Gravey

yeah HTCs are awsome i have the Desire Z, awsome keyboard, my bro has the wildfire and i noticed side by side the resolution is a tad bitty? or not as crisp on the wildfire, but thats probably only noticable when comparing the two xD but yrah iphones are indeed evil :p and i loooooove my Z

Hound

Bronze Level Poster
Like someone above said Blackberry bold 9780 or even 9700 to save some money however 9780 is better due to OS 6.

Joff

I'm a big fan of the Android OS and currently using an Orange San Francisco. I don't think for the money (£100 handset on PAYG) you'll get a better Android powered device. I had an HTC Hero previously and that was good but eventually got so bogged down with all my applications that it was close to unusable (phone wouldn't unlock in time to answer calls!).

Money no object I'd have the LG Optimus 2X. Given a free upgrade, I'd probably choose the HTC Desire HD or if you find it a bit too large, the original HTC Desire.

I too am an Android fan, everyone here was issued with an Iphone and I know another company who issue them and everyone is getting sick oif the number of returned units. They are a good phone but deffo no the best out there.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I have a Nokia N900 and I love it, they've stopped supporting the Maemo Linux based Os now in preparation for the Meego OS which, as it's made by Nokia, will probably copy Symbian - worst OS ever. Actually I lie, it was great on My Nokia Communicator.... 9-10 years ago

kriwad

Silver Level Poster
Been using a Samsung Galaxy GT-S5570 for a while, it's awesome.
Small but with everything I want on it (Android, Swype, Google-everything.. *cough* Angry Birds *cough*).
Don't know if this comes close to an advert haha, but mine is with 3 and in my opinion they're great.
Ran the Nokia E-series with them for years and I can't fault them. Rare you couldn't ever get a good data signal and if you couldn't there was a good reason (storms! no wifi in the country!)

iTzMEKKAOUI

Gold Level Poster
I use to have the Iphone 3gs 16gb in Black, i really liked it but i was getting bored of it.
so i got the torch 9800 BB, it's a really good phone and recommend it!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
"Good phone that isn't an iphone?" I think this is what you call an impossible question lol :D