Good single player FPS ?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Now I’m not a gamer but has anybody got any suggestions for a good old war based FPS without all the multiplayer nonsense sacrificing a good single player experience, tried Doom, it’s OK, just played COD Modern Warfare (4 I think?) again, the one with the AC130 which I love, tried a few free ones on Steam but all been a bit meh!

Don’t really want the latest and greatest just a good quality game!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Now I’m not a gamer but has anybody got any suggestions for a good old war based FPS without all the multiplayer nonsense sacrificing a good single player experience, tried Doom, it’s OK, just played COD Modern Warfare (4 I think?) again, the one with the AC130 which I love, tried a few free ones on Steam but all been a bit meh!

Don’t really want the latest and greatest just a good quality game!
Rainbow six siege and Arma 3 are rather good from what I hear but they’re more present day warfare

are you specifically after WW1 / WW2 periods?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Rainbow six siege and Arma 3 are rather good from what I hear but they’re more present day warfare

are you specifically after WW1 / WW2 periods?

Thanks, will take a look.

Not specifically after WW based just good quality realistic FPS, I find Doom etc a bit too futuristic and difficult to engage with.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks, will take a look.

Not specifically after WW based just good quality realistic FPS, I find Doom etc a bit too futuristic and difficult to engage with.
Those 2 have quite a following because they are rather accurate, a lot of attention to detail. Haven’t played them myself but have heard good things.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah Titanfall is phenomenal and you can get it cheap as chips these days

Playing a lot of Gunfire Reborn still. It's early access but it has more polish than some AAA games that release, kinda like a roguelike FPS in the vain of Painkiller with arenas. It's fun

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have you looked at the master chief collection
I've picked this up a couple months ago and have played through the first two campaigns. I have to say the movement speed is soo abysmally slow it makes it really difficult to find motivation to get back in. Like the game would have been a fraction of the length if I didn't feel like a geriatric old man without his Zimmer frame. Probably really controversial take as I know it's love but I struggled

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Cheers all, just downloading Arma3, looks good on paper, Star Wars Battlefront II is 75% off too at the moment on Steam so will give that a go too for £8

SiAdams

Attachments

• F61E640A-E37E-4227-B3D4-D390EB3F44E1.jpeg
    F61E640A-E37E-4227-B3D4-D390EB3F44E1.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 112
If you have never played half life 2 and half life episode 1 and 2 would really recommend still holds up well today also could replay the half life original remake black mesa

Also although its not a fps would recommend subnautica really good exploration survival game

Also a runthrough of the max payne series is a must superb games

Last edited: