Goodbye, ten in a row...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So... the huns have beaten us at Ibrox leaving the Bhoys nineteen points adrift, albeit with three games in hand.

I cannae see us gaining enough momentum to narrow that gap and our defence has more holes than the security on an Intel CPU. It’s going to take a colossal collapse in form from Rangers for us to stand any chance of clawing it back.

@Scott, I think it’ll be wise for me to concede and accept defeat now. Congratulations, let us never speak of it again 😭

So... the huns have beaten us at Ibrox leaving the Bhoys nineteen points adrift, albeit with three games in hand.

I cannae see us gaining enough momentum to narrow that gap and our defence has more holes than the security on an Intel CPU. It’s going to take a colossal collapse in form from Rangers for us to stand any chance of clawing it back.

@Scott, I think it’ll be wise for me to concede and accept defeat now. Congratulations, let us never speak of it again 😭
giphy.gif

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

As a Scouser with a dad from Ayrshire, Everton will always be my first team (mum's family would have disowned me if my allegiances were any other way!), but Celtic will always be my second team.

Conceding and looking to next season is probably the way to go at the moment sadly.

tenor.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
We will be back next season mate! After all it is there first trophy :)
Aye, but we've got a big rebuild on our hands. The defence is leakier than a hedgehog’s raincoat, Edouard will be on his way to a club with more money soon and Scott Brown celebrates his 108th birthday next year...

Still, as much as I hate Rangers, it's been nice feeling like the league is actually a competition again. Let's hope we get big Rafa Benitez in to manage!

Drylaw

Yeah I totally agree! I also think we need couple wingers that can actually beat players and create chances rather than relying on 2 full backs who couldn’t cross a ball past the first man. Think we’ve missed Forrest too.

We defos need a big manager signing and a proving goal scorer to replace Eddie who will bang thum in next season not sure about ajeti 🤔 seemed to score a few when he first came before that Injury, I’d take Rafa in a heart beat mate 😁

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeah I totally agree! I also think we need couple wingers that can actually beat players and create chances rather than relying on 2 full backs who couldn’t cross a ball past the first man. Think we’ve missed Forrest too.

We defos need a big manager signing and a proving goal scorer to replace Eddie who will bang thum in next season not sure about ajeti 🤔 seemed to score a few when he first came before that Injury, I’d take Rafa in a heart beat mate 😁
I agree 100% with all of that. You should apply for the manager's job!

What we'll actually do is get a war horse of a midfielder at the end of his career and watch him limp around the pitch for 90 minutes, always seems to be the way for the Old Firm (see Roy Keane and Joey Barton for prime examples :p)

Drylaw

Hahaha yeah probably wouldn’t surprise me if brown signs another contract too! I wish we had just not been so tight and signed John mcginn from hibs he was a future captain in the making!

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I assume this is that funny round ball game
It surely is a strange game with a round ball they play north of the border. There is also very little competition. The last time anyone other than Rangers or Celtic won the league was 1984-85 (Aberdeen) and that required Alex Ferguson as manager. Between them Rangers (55) and Celtic (51) have won 106 league titles. The rest have managed only 19 between them. We could just have a double header every year to decide the title and spare everyone the pain of watching.😂

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Or they could let us into the English leagues, a bit like some of the Welsh teams such as Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham.

It’d be great for the clubs and then the rest of the Scottish Premiership would become competitive again.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Or they could let us into the English leagues, a bit like some of the welsh teams such as Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham.

It’d be great for the clubs and then the rest of the Scottish Premiership would become competitive again.
The Premier League won’t let Scottish teams in. Eventually they might be allowed into League 2, but that wouldn’t be very fair on the lower league English teams who would have to travel long distances. How bad would the Scottish leagues be without their two best teams?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You make it sound like Glasgow is in a different continent. English teams still have to travel long distances regardless, ask anyone who supports Plymouth or Carlisle and makes the effort to attend away games.

Scottish football needs a shake up, but it’s good to see there’s some talented lads coming through the system. The national side still has a way to go but is in better shape than it’s ever been in my lifetime.

Drylaw

I totally agree I honestly think in 5-10 years time Celtic and rangers would challenge in the prem top 6.

We both have bigger fan bases than anyone England minus Man Utd, Liverpool and arsenal.

We would no doubt have bigger investments in the club with owners making more money through playing in England. Also sell players for a bigger value due to playing in bigger leagues example van dijk, Wanyama, tierney who all went on for a lot more money.

Could it maybe be good for Scottish teams also as they would get more money as it wouldn’t be going to Celtic and rangers?

The Premier League won’t let Scottish teams in. Eventually they might be allowed into League 2, but that wouldn’t be very fair on the lower league English teams who would have to travel long distances. How bad would the Scottish leagues be without their two best teams?
I feel we'd give Celtic a run for their money in League Two ;)

In all seriousness the gap between league 2 and bottom half of Prem isn't half as big as you make out. When you see how many of our youth products thrive in the top divisions. Not to mention how often teams go straight from L1 to Prem in a few seasons.

it wouldn't be like Rangers going pretty much straight back to the prem a few years back with little resistance

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
On another note thank god we don’t have VAR that is just ruining football 🤣
Most leagues in Europe had problems with VAR in their first season with controversial incidents most weeks, but now many of them are in their third season or even fourth season using VAR and there have been hardly any issues this season on the continent. I don't think the standard of referees is great here, so we're still having the kind of teething problems in our second season of using VAR that the Germans, French, Italians, Dutch, etc all figured out within their first season. I noticed a few VAR decisions made in the Champions League games this year that were made quickly and correctly, so I think VAR can be done correctly.

I do think some kind of VAR system is needed, but the disconnect between the rules as stated, the standard of the refs in England and a little common sense that is needed when making the decisions is a big part of where our problems lie. Carragher, Neville and many other pundits have made their media careers by playing and replaying incidents from multiple angles in slow motion at half-time. If we ditch VAR and go back to just what the match officials see in game, then I feel we probably need to rethink whether or not pundits should have access to all the replays, as those replays were highlighting things that refs got blatantly wrong and why VAR was needed in the first place.

Stephen M

Author Level
Nearly all the football I have watched has been in Scotland and the refereeing standards are certainly variable but I think FAs everywhere must rethink and appoint referees because they are good and use no other criteria.

I say that because one of the best referees I have seen is Morag Pirie but in the SFL, now SPFL, she can only run the line as an assistant and the only reason for that is because she is a she.