Got new PC but it's not detecting wireless network. Please help :(

Ron Stoppable

I was excited to receive my new PC this morning. I'll post a proper review once this little problem is sorted.

Unfortunately I can't get the Wireless Utility to detect any wireless networks - not my own and none of my neighbours. My phone in the same room picks up quite a few.

My PC case (Sileo 500) was picked to reduce noise, but I wonder if it also insulates the Wifi radio on the PCI-E card?

Please suggest how to solve this.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
does it actually show up on the computer? as you may need to reseat, and have you firmly screwed in the antennas and put them facing upwards?

Ron Stoppable

I haven't opened the case since getting it. I figured everything was already installed and tested.

Update on original situation: moved the PC to the room with the router in. It picked up the network! But it can't live in there. How can I increase the signal/reception strength at the router and PC?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well things often come loose in transit, and did you screw the antennas in at the back? these obviously can't be installed to begin with as they will just snap when being delivered