GPU crashing

pcme

She's breaking my heart, she's not booting up since reseating the RAM now.

I only reseated the RAM, I didn't attempt to reseat the GPU yet.

I'm not getting the initial beep on startup like I used to but it is powering up. Opening the side while it's turning on I can see everything lit up, all fans are spinning & my peripherals are powered on when connected too. Nothing to monitors though.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
She's breaking my heart, she's not booting up since reseating the RAM now.

I only reseated the RAM, I didn't attempt to reseat the GPU yet.

I'm not getting the initial beep on startup like I used to but it is powering up. Opening the side while it's turning on I can see everything lit up, all fans are spinning & my peripherals are powered on when connected too. Nothing to monitors though.
Make sure that you didn't disturb any connections when you did the RAM, and just give another gentle push down on the RAM just to make sure it has gone back in properly

pcme

Make sure that you didn't disturb any connections when you did the RAM, and just give another gentle push down on the RAM just to make sure it has gone back in properly
Thanks Martin, I reseated them again and we're booting up now. I thought since there was only 1 unlock clip that I was looking for 1 click when putting them back. Just pushed both sides down simultaneously & got doubleclicks. Got a scare there :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks Martin, I reseated them again and we're booting up now. I thought since there was only 1 unlock clip that I was looking for 1 click when putting them back. Just pushed both sides down simultaneously & got doubleclicks. Got a scare there :D
Been there done it with brand new memory i had bought :ROFLMAO:

pcme

Problem still there after another reinstall.

After setup:
Ran windows updates -> Restart
Ran windows updates again -> Restart (no more updates)
Ran DDU in safemode -> Restart
Installed 20.11.2 drivers with Adrenalin
Installed AMD Driver Support Tool (4x PCI drivers were missing in 'other devices' again) -> Restart
Installed Steam -> Installed Buoyancy (game) -> Ran & crashed on hitting lobby.

Here are the apps/sys logs if you want them again.

Apps - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg1tPwhr2DOr5Kv1S?e=3Uwhwb
Sys - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg10NlTzzkZmbePtG?e=eApDqz

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hmmm. After a clean install of Windows it's almost certainly hardware related.

In the System log I see a failed update for Windows Defender again (KB4052623) which is a puzzlement.

I also see all these network related services failing to start...

Code:
DHCP service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
Code:
The NSI service depends on the NSIPROXY service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
DNSCACHE service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
WCMSVC service depends on the NSI service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency group or service failed to start.
Code:
WLANSVC service depends on the WCMSVC service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
LANMANWORKSTATION service depends on the NSI service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
WINHTTPAUTOPROXYSVC service depends on the DHCP service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
NLASVC service depends on the DHCP service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
IPHLPSVC service depends on the WINHTTPAUTOPROXYSVC service which failed to start because of the following error:

...you see all the dependencies? The root seems to be 'a device attached to the system is not functioning' - what device might that be I wonder? The AFD service is the Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock - a key network component.

There then follows a bunch of DCOM failures trying to start other services - almost certainly because of the above failures. This is exactly what I saw earlier.

In the Application log there are failures for Bouyancy.exe, Raedonsoftware.exe, and RaedonSoftware.exe as we saw in your earlier logs. My guess is these fail because required networking services are not started (as above).

My guess (and that's all it is) is that some device is preventing the AFD service from starting and that's causing a cascade failure. I would remove the AX200 WiFi card completely and connect to the router via Ethernet (even temporarily). If that doesn't help then I think you need an RMA for a motherboard issue of some sort.

pcme

Hmmm. After a clean install of Windows it's almost certainly hardware related.

In the System log I see a failed update for Windows Defender again (KB4052623) which is a puzzlement.

I also see all these network related services failing to start...

Code:
DHCP service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
The NSI service depends on the NSIPROXY service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
DNSCACHE service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
WCMSVC service depends on the NSI service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
WLANSVC service depends on the WCMSVC service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
LANMANWORKSTATION service depends on the NSI service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
WINHTTPAUTOPROXYSVC service depends on the DHCP service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
NLASVC service depends on the DHCP service which failed to start because of the following error:
Code:
IPHLPSVC service depends on the WINHTTPAUTOPROXYSVC service which failed to start because of the following error:

...you see all the dependencies? The root seems to be 'a device attached to the system is not functioning' - what device might that be I wonder? The AFD service is the Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock - a key network component.

There then follows a bunch of DCOM failures trying to start other services - almost certainly because of the above failures. This is exactly what I saw earlier.

In the Application log there are failures for Bouyancy.exe, Raedonsoftware.exe, and RaedonSoftware.exe as we saw in your earlier logs. My guess is these fail because required networking services are not started (as above).

My guess (and that's all it is) is that some device is preventing the AFD service from starting and that's causing a cascade failure. I would remove the AX200 WiFi card completely and connect to the router via Ethernet (even temporarily). If that doesn't help then I think you need an RMA for a motherboard issue of some sort.

Thanks for taking the time to investigate & provide your analysis again. I'm already connected through ethernet & haven't used or even attempted to use WIFI nor do I need it.

I checked the WIFI status & it's turned on but not showing any networks.

Would you happen to know the location of the WIFI card so I could try removing it?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for taking the time to investigate & provide your analysis again. I'm already connected through ethernet & haven't used or even attempted to use WIFI nor do I need it.

I checked the WIFI status & it's turned on but not showing any networks.
That may be the problem then?
Would you happen to know the location of the WIFI card so I could try removing it?
It will be the card with the two antennae screwed into the back. Probably the smallest one in the case.

pcme

That may be the problem then?

It will be the card with the two antennae screwed into the back. Probably the smallest one in the case.
Thank you again, I checked the antennae at the back and was able to tighten them & was then able to pick up wifi networks when wifi was turned on. Before removing the wifi card I've reinstalled windows once more & would ask could you check if you still believe the wifi card to be the culprit?

I followed the same steps as above only this time disabling wifi/hotspots as soon as windows loaded as they were turned on by default.

Apps - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg2KKTqrzthpQ1GBw?e=fZeGbF
Sys - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg2NIxO0owKFZ4dvI?e=HOQrSV

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thank you again, I checked the antennae at the back and was able to tighten them & was then able to pick up wifi networks when wifi was turned on. Before removing the wifi card I've reinstalled windows once more & would ask could you check if you still believe the wifi card to be the culprit?

I followed the same steps as above only this time disabling wifi/hotspots as soon as windows loaded as they were turned on by default.

Apps - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg2KKTqrzthpQ1GBw?e=fZeGbF
Sys - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8rdL7C4jfPg2NIxO0owKFZ4dvI?e=HOQrSV
Same problems in the System log. Remove the WiFi card completely, I suspect it may be faulty.

pcme

It looks to be on the bottom of this but not easily accessible. The thin black wire is coming from the antenna connection. What would be the best way of getting at it? I believe I have to screw it out after disconnecting the wires.

Attachments

• wifi.JPG
    wifi.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 142

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It looks to be on the bottom of this but not easily accessible. The thin black wire is coming from the antenna connection. What would be the best way of getting at it? I believe I have to screw it out after disconnecting the wires.
Just undo the screw that holds it in and gently ease it out of its socket