Gpu idle temp and memory usage high help!

Rakk

The Awesome
I got the notification when running a game and playing it for a literally couple minutes and I have realised my frames have dropped from 200 down to 60-80
What notifications?
ie. what are you running that's giving you said notifications?
Take a screenshot of said warning when you next see it please

barlew

Godlike
Normally when’s starting my ox temps would be 22-27 normal, but when running pc now it’s on 32-40+.

I got the notification when running a game and playing it for a literally couple minutes and I have realised my frames have dropped from 200 down to 60-80
Can you start being specific here please because there is a lot of confusion.

What temperatures are you talking about? Your CPU or your GPU?

barlew

Godlike
Apologies my gpu temps.
Right ok. Can you download and install Unigene Heaven. Run that and then take a screen shot of HWMonitor at the same time so we can see what temps your GPU is reaching under load?

As @Rakk asked what software is reporting to you that the GPU is overheating?

AKREUZ

Bronze Level Poster
1642413017992.png

barlew

Godlike
GPU temps still look fine, how long did you leave the benchmark running for running for?

For belt and braces you could run 3DMark Firestrike and share your results page here but i still think its going to report your temperatures being fine.

Again what software reported to you that your GPU was overheating?

AKREUZ

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah normally when booting up my pc even with background processes the temp would be 22-27 degrees, but yesterday it was hitting 34-40+ and would rise even when using one application such as google, or iCUE etc. Normally when playing my game (rainbow6) i would hit 200+ frames with ideal temps being around 55-65 range when playing for long hours, but yesterday the temp would hit 65-80 within minutes of running and giving me 60-80 frames.

again i do apologies for the vagueness of this but i legit have no clue what to do or why this may of happen

barlew

Godlike
Yeah normally when booting up my pc even with background processes the temp would be 22-27 degrees, but yesterday it was hitting 34-40+ and would rise even when using one application such as google, or iCUE etc. Normally when playing my game (rainbow6) i would hit 200+ frames with ideal temps being around 55-65 range when playing for long hours, but yesterday the temp would hit 65-80 within minutes of running and giving me 60-80 frames.

again i do apologies for the vagueness of this but i legit have no clue what to do or why this may of happen
Ok so even if your GPU does usually idle around 22-27 degrees (which frankly would surprise me if it did) the new temperatures you are reporting here are still absolutely fine and would not cause performance problems.

You said earlier you received a warning that your GPU was over heating. What software was it that provided you that warning?

Obviously your frame count dropping so low is the symptom of something but its not your GPU temps.

Do you have any GPU software installed such as MSI afterburner? If so have you applied any sort of over clock to the GPU (even accidentally).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Normally when’s starting my ox temps would be 22-27 normal, but when running pc now it’s on 32-40+.

That's because your GPU isn't idle. You can see that chrome is using it, it's likely related to a website you have open or a problematic add-on or a miner virus.

As before, if Chrome is open, it's not idle.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah normally when booting up my pc even with background processes the temp would be 22-27 degrees,
This is normal, you're essientially starting the GPU from cold, and 22deg is around room tempature if you think about it

but yesterday it was hitting 34-40+ and would rise even when using one application such as google, or iCUE etc.
Again, this is normal, after 10-15 mins the GPU (and system as a whole) would have warmed up from the cold start and settle into their normal operating tempature.

Normally when playing my game (rainbow6) i would hit 200+ frames with ideal temps being around 55-65 range when playing for long
This could be an indication of an issue, but you need to give more information on the warning message that you saw, as other posters have asked. What application showed this message? Rainbow6? Geforce? Your GPU software? Windows? Can you reproduce the issue today and take a screenshot, even with your mobile?

AKREUZ

Bronze Level Poster
Just came off the phone with PCS and my hardware is running normal. I will try replicate the error message if possible. Should I uninstall Chrome? As ive had the browser for the past year and no had any issues

barlew

Godlike
Just came off the phone with PCS and my hardware is running normal. I will try replicate the error message if possible. Should I uninstall Chrome? As ive had the browser for the past year and no had any issues
I thought it was.

No just close chrome when we are doing the troubleshooting.

My next port of call would be to uninstall your display drivers using DDU and any other GPU related software you have installed (such as MSI afterburner).

Then reinstall the GPU with drivers from the Nvidia website.