GPU prices crashing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So you may be aware of this, GPU prices are absolutely crashing at the moment, we're seeing 20 - 30% below MSRP on some higher end cards.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, personally I wouldn't buy a GPU or any major system purchase at the moment, I would wait until next gen hits for the added performance, plus if you pre order, you'll get cost price.

BUT, this is interesting nevertheless, this appears to be driven by NVidia massively reducing costs to attempt to clear out the excess stocks of 3000 series GPU's that are now on the market due to loss of sales from the crypto and NFT crash.

As such, AMD have reduced pricing as a result also.

It's certainly good news, but I think it's more important that we (as a society) try to avoid the artificial inflation that we've been through over the past 2 years.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I was reading that the 3060ti is the best price to performance card of the 3000 series by quite a long margin. It's the best value card.
Absolutely seems to be the case. Unless there’s a fantastic random deal on the table for a higher spec, the 3060Ti is the go to card for this generation.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
4000 cards are rumoured to be out by the end of the month. NVidia are looking to create an artificial demand by wiping out all the 3000 stocks. They aren't making any more, apparently, and are concentrating solely on the 4000 series.

Definitely a good time to for value on the 3000 series but definitely not the right time to buy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
4000 cards are rumoured to be out by the end of the month. NVidia are looking to create an artificial demand by wiping out all the 3000 stocks. They aren't making any more, apparently, and are concentrating solely on the 4000 series.

Definitely a good time to for value on the 3000 series but definitely not the right time to buy.
Absolutely agree. I would hold off for 4000 series

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All of them!
Wonder if I could make a set of 66.7Hz VR goggles out of them (y)

Otherwise it seems a waste of monitors that were £1000 each in 1991.

Now, where's that VGA cable?

il_1588xN.3837076280_4jlr.jpg

Maybe I can get an emulator to play one of my first Mac games 'Star Wars'...
_resize.php

_resize.php