GPU problem?

LDUK

Master Poster
Hey guys!

So I've been having this problem for a good month or two now. I think it is possibly the GPU.

Whenever I play a game, after about 10 minutes of play, or sometimes right away, everything begging to freeze and stutter. Like a lot, and it effects everything I do.
It makes the stuttering noise too, and makes games almost impossible to play.
It doesn't just happen with games, sometimes everything I do on my PC lags and stutters, from watching a movie to moving the cursor.

It gets worse when playing a game though, and continues after I quit a game too.

It's nothing to do with a poor framerate, 100% on that. It happens in every game I play and even normal things like browsing the net. It's actually happening as I type this lol.

I have updated my drivers, rolled back on drivers, tried Beta drivers, nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

Fear

Prolific Poster
Sounds like your GPU is on it's way out mate are you getting any artifacts/graphical glitches ? and before i forget have you added any software recently ?

LDUK

Master Poster
Sounds like your GPU is on it's way out mate are you getting any artifacts/graphical glitches ? and before i forget have you added any software recently ?

I know man :(

Not, actually not noticed any glitches excepts the intense stuttering and glitching.
No haven't added any new software, only games. Thing is, it's happened before and keeps coming back occasionally, but this past month or two it's just gotten worse.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yoiu checked that the fans on it arent clogged up with dust? that happened on my last PC and got exactly the symptons your on about.

LDUK

Master Poster
yoiu checked that the fans on it arent clogged up with dust? that happened on my last PC and got exactly the symptons your on about.

It was happening when I got it back from RMA last time. Completely dust free. :S

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Could be a few things,GPU as Fear suggested,or possibly hard disk,
try running scandisk.
Double-click Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
In Error-checking, click Check Now.

LDUK

Master Poster
Could be a few things,GPU as Fear suggested,or possibly hard disk,
try running scandisk.
Double-click Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
In Error-checking, click Check Now.

I run my games from 3 different HDD's. But it freezes a lot, even when I'm doing normal tasks like moving the cursor around.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
A few things to try before looking at a hardware problem,
1 do a virus scan as suggested by tom,
2 Have a look at the resource monitor to see if anything is hogging CPU or memory usage,
(go to control panel/performance information and tools/advanced tools/open resource monitor)
3 run the performance trouble shooter(Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button/Control Panel/troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues)
4 run the registry cleaner option in CCleaner.
5 run the memory diagnostic tool,
(Open the Control Panel (All Items View)
Click on the Administrative Tools icon, and click on windows Memory Diagnostics Tool)