Grandmaster of wing chun ( Ip Man )

JSG10

Expert
Love that film, watched it a few months back :) Always been facisinated by martial arts in any form. There is a Wing Chun school near where I work that I keep meaning to check out and see if it's any good. :)

BAD SANTA

Check it out seriously, it's the best martial art there is and if you get a good sifu then you can become proficient in a relatively short amount of time, if you practise say 2-3 times a week with somebody else you could be very effective in about 2 years. The actual system Is quite small compared to other martial arts and it is super effective because it's so direct.
I train 2 times a week with my sifu.
Just make sure that your sifu is a registered instructor because there is not very many in the uk, also you want to make sure that they are teaching traditional ip man wing chun as some places teach a watered down version so that it caters for everybody.
If you want to see some actual techniques in practise check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDnm0YiNfcA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sam kwok is a master who teaches in London.

BAD SANTA

Yer not impressed as they made it very commercial, ip man was a real person and the first film was about some things that happened in his life, the second film is just a money spinner.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Yeah, but I think they wanted to make the second one about him and Bruce Lee ( he was lee's teacher I think), but couldn't get the rights or something.

BAD SANTA

Yes he did teach Bruce Lee when he was growing up I don't know about the rights but you are probably spot on.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Reviving a slightly old thread... but yeah.

I guess your not too fond of the sequel, but I have wondered - Who is the 'insane guy' in IP man 2, that is the father of Ip Mans First student? I mean, I know he's one of the masters in IP man 1, but I cant place him. Is it a different actor?

Going from the subtitles in Ip man 2, his name is Jin Quan, but I can't find anything on him from the first film. Anyone recognise him?