Graphic Card Problem

chaves666

Hello guys,

some months ago I created a topic about a Noisy from my Graphic Card and the PCS changed for me and gave me a new graphic card, the old one was from ASUS and this new one is from PowerColor, my problem is that I installed the Board and dont appears to me image in my monitor, I connected the power cable correctly but the msg in my monitor is DVI no Signal or HDMI no Signal I tested both connectors.

I contacted the support but maybe I need to send my Desktop for them but I will need to pay for it and I don't want to spend more money, maybe u guys can help me.

I think that the problem can be my Font (Power Supply) but I used this font to connect the same GPU, so, is strange, I saw in the Internet that this GPU need a 750W, I am confuse now.

Thank you

My full Specs is:

Case:
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU):
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache

ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB2.0, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)

3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable (PowerColor now, the new one)

2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE

CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY

Last edited:

paul1224

Are you definitely connecting the monitor cable to the graphics card slots and not the motherboards slots?

If the graphics card is the same spec then I can't see how all of a sudden your PSU wasn't giving sufficient power to the PC and if the PC is booting (or it sounds like it) then it does sound more like an issue with getting the picture to show.

Cadwah

Rising Star
According the configurator that set up would only need 503W of power(Inclusive of a 20% allowance). The 650W PSU should have more than enough power so it is unlikely to be the issue unless there is a fault with the PSU. (If it is a fault with the PSU then you will need to send the PC back in an RMA for testing I believe)

I would suggest removing the GPU and testing the PC just using the integrated graphics. If there is still no image on the monitor then there could be a motherboard issue or perhaps the cable connecting the PC to the monitor has a fault. Try using a different cable to rule this out.

If the PC works without the GPU then we have ruled out a fault with the Motherboard connection, Cable and monitor.

Leave the monitor connected to the motherboard, then try to reseat the GPU again making sure that the GPU is correctly seated in the motherboard, connect the power and try testing the PC again. Once the PC has booted up, Right click on My Computer and check the properties, Does the GPU show up here? If so then try connecting the monitor from the GPU again, If it works great, it was probably just badly seated, if not then I'm afraid there will probably be an issue with the GPU, GPU output ports or the motherboard where the GPU sits.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

chaves666

Thank you for the answer

Let's go

I already did all the tests, I have HDMI cable and DVI cable, I tested both cables and nothing, I am using my pc normally with the integrated graphics (on-board) and work perfectly, and I used AIDA64 and I checked in computer properties and I did not see the GPU, no signal. The GPU fan works normally but when I use HDMI or DVI cable in my monitor appears this message "DVI no Signal" "HDMI no Signal". Only show image when I use in on-board mode.

I talked with the PCS support and maybe they will send a new GPU for me, I think the problem can be the GPU because I only removed the old GPU that had the noise problem and put this new one and do not work [rollinglaugh]

Thank you again guys

I get out my GPU to make sure if is well connected and nothing.

I looked in AIDA64 in GPU and only show me the integrated one:

[ Integrated: Intel Haswell-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller ]

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter Intel Haswell-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller
BIOS Version Build Number: 2170 PC 14.34 03/07/2013 01:54:04
BIOS Date 07/03/2013
GPU Code Name Haswell-DT GT2
PCI Device 8086-0412 / 1043-8534 (Rev 06)
Process Technology 22 nm
Bus Type Integrated
GPU Clock 1224 MHz (original: 357 MHz)
GPU Clock (Turbo) 204 - 1224 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 350 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Unified Shaders 80 (v5.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v11.1

Architecture:
Architecture Intel Gen7.5
Execution Units (EU) 20