Graphics card not fitted and loose in case on arrival!

KevElp

Hi, I received my PC today but was very disappointed to hear the graphics card not fitted inside and was moving around in there! I'd have expected the PC to be tested and ready to use on arrival.

I fitted the loose graphics card into the PCI slot, connected my monitor via VGA cable but I get no signal. Everything else seems to be fine, fans, hard drive and lights but no video signal.

This is very frustrating after a long and patient wait to receive the PC.

I have called support and they will courier a new graphics card on Monday but I'd have expected the graphics card to work when fitted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

KevElp

I've managed to get it working, taken the graphics card out, took out RAM re-inserted and it's worked.

I'm still a bit bemused of the PC being sent with the graphics just inserted into the case moving around in there freely.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It won't have left PCS like that of course, it wouldn't past testing for one thing. Sadly stuff does come loose in transit, though this is the first time I've heard of a card coming fully out.

Was the packaging damaged at all? Do you still have it? It really sounds as though DPD may have dropped your PC, there's little else that could shake a card loose - and the RAM too it seems.

Take some photos of your packaging, especially areas where it looks damaged, and then phone PCS and complain. They may well want to see the photos.

This clearly isn't acceptable, but PCS need all the evidence you can provide so that they can stop it happening again. :(

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I received my PC today but was very disappointed to hear the graphics card not fitted inside and was moving around in there! I'd have expected the PC to be tested and ready to use on arrival.

I fitted the loose graphics card into the PCI slot, connected my monitor via VGA cable but I get no signal. Everything else seems to be fine, fans, hard drive and lights but no video signal.

This is very frustrating after a long and patient wait to receive the PC.

I have called support and they will courier a new graphics card on Monday but I'd have expected the graphics card to work when fitted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As @ubuysa has said, we would never not disconnect the GPU or RAM as it wouldn't pass our tests. I have been able to pull up your order and I can see that the RAM and GPU were present in the system during testing. I can also see you have been in touch with the Customer Care team who have arranged a replacement graphics card to be sent to you.

KevElp

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Yes that's why I was a bit shocked to see it loose in the case. There wasnt a spare screw there either so I wonder where that went and I can't see how, having been screwed in, it could come completely loose and free during transit.

I have cancelled the graphics card order now as I managed to fix it by refitting the RAM.