Graphics driver

liverpoolchety__

Hello,
Yesterday i have received my Optimus and i am quite impressed at all. I just have an issue with the Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers - it says that it is not compabitable with the version of windows. I have made all the upgrades that were possible for the Windows and still the same. The weird thing is that the driver which is provided from the PCS download page is working, but on the Nvidia website there is a new one.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Have you installed the GeForce Experience? Believe this automatically finds the best drivers, however it might be best if you uninstall your graphics card drivers and start again.

liverpoolchety__

Yeah, i have tried that, GeForce Experience says that it can not find a driver. I have tried also to uninstall the drivers but it is still the same.

liverpoolchety__

I’m guessing here but it may be the BIOS version you’re on. I think atm you’ll have to use the graphics driver from PCS, then contact PCS and explain the situation, you may need a BIOS update.
I can't get it, i mean i just received it. They had to make sure that everything is fine i guess?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I do completely understand mate. But sometimes when you see that happen gets you mad, you know. Sorry if I sound rude.
Don’t worry, I understand. If it is a BIOS issue, they can talk you through updating it over the phone, you won’t need to send it back.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Nvidia do say on their driver page that....

However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

....so if you can't install the latest Nvidia driver then you should call PCS for advice. :)

liverpoolchety__

Nvidia do say on their driver page that....

....so if you can't install the latest Nvidia driver then you should call PCS for advice. :)
Dear Anatoliy Draganov,

Thank you for your message.

Please try following this procedure:

1. Download DDU utility from this link - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - The Netherlands link is typically best.
2. Once downloaded, extract the compressed folder [Guru3D.com]-DDU -> [Guru3D.com]-DDU -> Navigate inside the folder and double click application DDU v18.0.2.2, extract this and navigate through to DDU v18.0.2.2 folder.
3. Run DDU v18.0.2.2 application and press OK to the popup window, then click CLOSE on the next one and finally OK for the safe mode warning.
4. Select device type “GPU” and select device “NVIDIA”.
5. Click “Clean and restart”, follow on and restart once prompted.
6. Lastly, when back in windows use the link below to install the required driver packages.
7. NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk - install and restart.

If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many Thanks

Enrico Marino

I have tried what PCS said, it is still the same. I have noticed that when i uninstall the driver, after that Microsoft Store installs version 442.94 straightaway. Also, want to mention that when I insall the driver from PCS seems like it just installs the Control Panel and the driver, no Geforce experience for updates. Another thing i want to mention is that i have installed the AMD radeon software, do you think that it might affect the Nvidia installation?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear Anatoliy Draganov,

Thank you for your message.

Please try following this procedure:

1. Download DDU utility from this link - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - The Netherlands link is typically best.
2. Once downloaded, extract the compressed folder [Guru3D.com]-DDU -> [Guru3D.com]-DDU -> Navigate inside the folder and double click application DDU v18.0.2.2, extract this and navigate through to DDU v18.0.2.2 folder.
3. Run DDU v18.0.2.2 application and press OK to the popup window, then click CLOSE on the next one and finally OK for the safe mode warning.
4. Select device type “GPU” and select device “NVIDIA”.
5. Click “Clean and restart”, follow on and restart once prompted.
6. Lastly, when back in windows use the link below to install the required driver packages.
7. NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk - install and restart.

If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many Thanks

Enrico Marino

I have tried what PCS said, it is still the same. I have noticed that when i uninstall the driver, after that Microsoft Store installs version 442.94 straightaway. Also, want to mention that when I insall the driver from PCS seems like it just installs the Control Panel and the driver, no Geforce experience for updates. Another thing i want to mention is that i have installed the AMD radeon software, do you think that it might affect the Nvidia installation?
Yes, AMD will conflict with nvIndia. Why did you install AMD? you’d need to uninstall AMD, then use DDU to uninstall all gpu drivers available, then reboot and just install nvidia latest driver from nvidia, don’t install experience, download the driver package.

liverpoolchety__

Yes, AMD will conflict with nvIndia. Why did you install AMD? you’d need to uninstall AMD, then use DDU to uninstall all gpu drivers available, then reboot and just install nvidia latest driver from nvidia, don’t install experience, download the driver package.
Well, i have installed the AMD Software just because the processor is AMD. So basically you say that i don't need that software, uninstall it and try to install fresh Nvidia driver?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, i have installed the AMD Software just because the processor is AMD. So basically you say that i don't need that software, uninstall it and try to install fresh Nvidia driver?
As above, you’ll need to uninstall the AMD stuff, then use DDU to uninstall all drivers, then reboot and reinstall latest nvidia driver. You don’t need anything for the CPU

liverpoolchety__

It's been a long time since my last post about the graphic card driver issue. It seems like the PCS came with the conclusion that a normal Nvidia driver would not work on this chassis and they should be modified by TongFang and Nvidia. Which probably means NEVER? What is your opinion about this statement?