Great computers + bad service !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExistedName

First of all this moaning is not about their product ...

When a customer pay certain amount of money for an item ( in my case £2000 ) will be build by a company , for that money should get a proper customer service as well !
PCS providing false information regarding how long gonna take build a computer . 4-6 days when the item stays pre-building stage for 5 days !!! After that took 24 hrs to build it :poop::poop: Hard to believe that ! Don't tell me poor PCS so busy because Black Friday and Christmas ! They should prepare themselves for that !

Ofc when I contacted them few times , all I got lots of excuses and promises which they failed to deliver !
If I'm running a business the bare minimum I'm honest to my customers !
Great , well build products but the customer walk away with bad experience ... Guess what after that >>> probably never comes back again ! Unfortunately lots of businesses around the UK treating customers like this .

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
First of all this moaning is not about their product ...

When a customer pay certain amount of money for an item ( in my case £2000 ) will be build by a company , for that money should get a proper customer service as well !
PCS providing false information regarding how long gonna take build a computer . 4-6 days when the item stays pre-building stage for 5 days !!! After that took 24 hrs to build it :poop::poop: Hard to believe that ! Don't tell me poor PCS so busy because Black Friday and Christmas ! They should prepare themselves for that !

Ofc when I contacted them few times , all I got lots of excuses and promises which they failed to deliver !
If I'm running a business the bare minimum I'm honest to my customers !
Great , well build products but the customer walk away with bad experience ... Guess what after that >>> probably never comes back again ! Unfortunately lots of businesses around the UK treating customers like this .
Urm, you will never have been PROMISED a build time, any build time is an ESTIMATION as clearly stated on their website.

We get this sometimes, people putting unreasonable expectations based on ignorance. I’m sorry but the fault lies with you.

You also happen to have ordered at the busiest period OF THE YEAR.

There is such a thing as patience, but judging by your immediate attack rather than searching for a solution or others experiences tells me that you’re not open to discussion.

Last edited:

ExistedName

Ofc .... I didn't expect more from a PCS moderator ! They should ( must ) make their service better .

I expect spotless service for my money ... In this case the ignorance not on my side !

Unreasonable expectations ??? Unreasonable expect from a costumer service operater to be honest ?? U don't have to answer for this question ...

Probably your are employed by PCS or simply a fanboy so any argument totally pointless here !

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm afraid you're out of your mind.

PCS can and do make mistakes like any company. You don't have to go far on the forums to find an example. But a 4-6 day estimate (underline ESTIMATE, which is clearly explained) for the build... sees your PC order wait in a queue for 5 days, pre-production, which is 100% normal for a custom PC build. And then it gets built in one day. Plus testing, packing, and shipping. So that sounds pretty close to the estimate to me!

If you look at estimates provided, throughout the year, they are often quite a bit longer than 4-6 days. PCS have prepared for Black Friday and Christmas, which is why the wait times are relatively low.

You haven't mentioned what these are. Of course if PCS staff did promise something then they should deliver it, or not promise it to begin with. Though ofc individual members of staff can give bad information in good faith. I know I have given bad info believing it to be correct on occasion (usually when this happens you apologise and the person accepts the apology). And just to be extra clear, I don't work for PCS...

If you were given bad info by PCS staff / PCS failed to deliver on promises they made, you should email them the feedback so they can learn from it and address your complaint.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PCS providing false information regarding how long gonna take build a computer . 4-6 days when the item stays pre-building stage for 5 days !!! After that took 24 hrs to build it. Hard to believe that !
Just let me get this straight. You're making a huge and quite rude fuss because PCS built your PC on the 6th day when they estimated it would take 4-6 days to build? Are you serious?!

ALL builds spend 95% of their time in pre-production, that's effectively a queue where you wait your turn to go into build. Unless there's a problem, PCs are typically built and tested in a day and then shipped the next day - unless you pay extra for the Fast Track service when it's built almost immediately.

I'm struggling to see where PCS have failed you? They lived up to their 4-6 day build estimate by your own admission, so what is your beef?

Are you miffed because PCS didn't start work on your PC the moment they received your order and it sat in pre-production for a whole 5 days? Here's a newsflash, you're not PCS's only customer and despite your clearly inflated impressions of your own importance you have to wait in the same queue as everyone else. Be thankful it was only a 5 day queue (and that's thanks to PCS preparing well for Black Friday and Christmas), when I bought my most recent PCS desktop the build took 16 days from order to shipment - and that is far from unusual.

ExistedName

Great .... Everybody moderator here ???

"Be thankful it was only a 5 day" that's what I'm talking about !!! Great attitude !! Well done ... off u go !

Soon we reach the point when I have to be greatful to PCS for let me spend my £2000 here .

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Great .... Everybody moderator here ???

"Be thankful it was only a 5 day" that's what I'm talking about !!! Great attitude !! Well done ... off u go !

Soon we reach the point when I have to be greatful to PCS for let me spend my £2000 here . WTF
Why do you think spending 2k gets you any special kind of service? The only time you would get preferential delivery windows is if you order and pay for an expedited build time.

I’m sorry, I just don’t see where your complaint stems from.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
>.<

PCS sell custom built PCs. Their business is such that they can't build all PCs immediately on receipt of your order. It's a custom product.

PCS do have a range of specs with next day delivery. These are fixed specs, not custom ones.

So, PCS's offer is to give potential customers a choice of:
a) buying a fixed, preconfigured system with next day delivery, just like you can get on Amazon or whatever
or b) buying a customised spec with the exact components you want, which takes a little longer to build.

And there are options to pay more to expedite the build of course.

That's the offer. It's a very clear offer.

If the offer is no good for you, absolutely take your business to a different store. Nobody would want you to buy from a store where you didn't like the offer! :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Here's what the first 2 other websites selling custom PCs that I checked had to say about wait times:

Website 1: "Order now to receive by Friday 13 Dec - Saturday 14 Dec" - so that's about a week's wait.

Website 2: "Built to order. Please allow 10 working days. Longer during busy periods."

I didn't check any more than 2 because tbh this topic is too bonkers for me to really research this one. I had no idea what those 2 stores' policies were, but I'm not surprised by the answer. i.e. if you buy a custom built product, delivery is not instant!

ExistedName

Why do you think spending 2k gets you any special kind of service? The only time you would get preferential delivery windows is if you order and pay for an expedited build time.

I’m sorry, I just don’t see where your complaint stems from.
Here we go again ! Doesn't matter I spend £100 here or £10.000 .... Do u talk to me differently if I spend £5000 or £50000 ?And I'm not talking about any special privileges !! I'm talking about how a good business looks like ... That's all !

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm going to lock this topic.

I think @ExistedName has made their views very clear, and a few members of the community have had the chance to chime in. And I don't see what more can constructively be added.

I'll reiterate my suggestion that @ExistedName contacts PCS directly with their feedback and to discuss any concerns about the information they were given by PCS staff. Since the volunteer moderators do not work for PCS, that's ultimately not something we can do anything to help resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.