Great games to play & test my new rig...suggestions??

Petchi b

The last game I bought and played on the PC was Civ 5 (great game!). Now that I've ordered my new rig (currently 5th working day), I have bought Crysis Maximum edition ready to test it. What other stand out games would you recommend me to buy?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I recommend you download the mod rainy days, it has better missions, than the original crysis, and looks gorgeous...

get gta 4 and try the mod icenhancer 1.25

[video=youtube;-TcFTQwPi3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TcFTQwPi3I[/video]

Petchi b

DAMN that mod looks amazing LOL! I played GTA 4 to death on the 360 but might get it for the PC just to try that mod!

Rainy Days looks good too - does that just replace the original single player story?

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike Source
Shogun 2
Empire Total War + DMUC
Deux Ex - comes out 22nd August - looks amazing
Supreme Commander - mod called Experimental Wars - Get it!
Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2
Bioshock

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Amnesia, just to scare the **** outta you lol, then id suggest metro 2033, batman arkam asylum (this is awesome) f1 2010, you can see screenshots of it in one of my other threads (Nvidia SLI is AWESOME) :)

Petchi b

I've got Arkham Asylum for the 360. I like the sound of Metro 2033 - I like atmospheric games plus its DX11 too! F1 2010 lol......I cant even watch it let alone play it! And yeah I've seen that thread, you have some cool screenshots...thing is I just wouldn't know which monitor to look at...one in the middle maybe..:s

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I've got Arkham Asylum for the 360. I like the sound of Metro 2033 - I like atmospheric games plus its DX11 too! F1 2010 lol......I cant even watch it let alone play it! And yeah I've seen that thread, you have some cool screenshots...thing is I just wouldn't know which monitor to look at...one in the middle maybe..:s

You dont actually look at the side monitors at all, you tend to just notice them but not actually look at them if tht makes sense?

Petchi b

Sort of...is it like extending your gaming peripheral vision..? It does look cool but not sure I could play games like that..maybe 2 monitors max.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Sort of...is it like extending your gaming peripheral vision..? It does look cool but not sure I could play games like that..maybe 2 monitors max.

Yeah its basically peripheral vision, ive never looked at them really but you notice like enemies moving or other carsd around you etc, its even better than i imagined it to be, soo cool.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Do you have to have monitors the same size to do it..i.e all 24" or 22" etc?

Dont know tbh, i think u can do it on different screens, but they have to have certain things the sdame, think its like refresh rate etc. Luckily i bought all mine with the pc :)

Barnaby89

I've just recieved my new computer aswell, first thing I bought was Batman:AA for £3.75 in the steam sale....also played it to death on the console but it does look awesome if you wanted a cheap play through.

The Witcher 2 is defintely a good game to test your new rig on. Only played half hour or so on it but it was great to see what I'm capable of playing.

Alot of people also recommend oblivion with mods, seen some great hi-res screenshots of it (modded)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well JC2 demo wont go full screen, lots of people having problems with it when gotten from steam, so dont think ill bother with the full game. But heres a screenie, couldnt be bothered to do anymore on it without the full screen, having taskbar in view all the time is just annoying.

Link

A576313F47545A59617A7A0BEE4BC69B4BC28933

BAD SANTA

I've just recieved my new computer aswell, first thing I bought was Batman:AA for £3.75 in the steam sale....also played it to death on the console but it does look awesome if you wanted a cheap play through.

The Witcher 2 is defintely a good game to test your new rig on. Only played half hour or so on it but it was great to see what I'm capable of playing.

Alot of people also recommend oblivion with mods, seen some great hi-res screenshots of it (modded)

Totally agree, get The Witcher 2 if you really want to see what it can do (turn everything up and put uber sampling on, if you can run it @ over 30fps you are doing very well)

Petchi b

I will defo get The Witcher 2 at some point as I loved the first one! Just Cause 2 screenie looks pretty good...might be worth a look.

onlynik

Enthusiast
Dirt 3
[video=youtube;9vUuFxzV37o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUuFxzV37o[/video]
Medal of Honor

[video=youtube;CVzL4VrVkCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVzL4VrVkCU[/video]

Petchi b

Thanks I will take a look. I must admit I'm not a racing game fan...well apart from Mario Kart on the SNES, what a game that was!!!