Greetings from yet another new member

Tweenie

Allow me to introduce myself. I am happily retired and living in Ruislip, London. I generally divide my time between my wife and grandchildren, my motorbikes, my allotment and my computer, oh and French and digital photography lessons courtesy of the U3A.
I am keenly awaiting my new computer, which is currently being 'processed'. If the computer lives up to expectations I may add video editing and modest gaming to my list of interests.
When I was gainfully employed I worked as a civil/structural engineer with the firm that is famous for the 'wobbly bridge'.
This looks to be an excellent forum, from which I hope to learn a lot. I already need some advice, namely on how to upload an avatar to my profile. I have produced a photograph of the requisite size but it fails to upload; any suggestions welcome.
Regards,
John

PS If I manage to upload the avatar it will help to explain my choice of user name.

Sleinous

Author Level
All I can say is, welcome, if you need help with French, i'm the one to come too, and, if noone has answered your avatar q, I will when i'm back from work. Unfortunately i'm working all of the bank holiday :mad:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to upload the avatar no problem as long as it's jpeg, gif or png. Try again and if not upload it to the web and send the URL and we'll do it for you.

Phil

Silver Level Poster
hi & welcome, as far as the avatar problem goes just make sure it is within the size restriction & the correct file type & it *should* upload fine :)

Tweenie

You should be able to upload the avatar no problem as long as it's jpeg, gif or png. Try again and if not upload it to the web and send the URL and we'll do it for you.

Thank you, but I must be more of a novice than you give me credit for.
I tried again without success. The file that I tried to upload sits on my desktop; it is a jpeg of 146x136 pixels, 16kb.
I am familiar with sending photographs as e-mail attachments but to the best of my knowledge I have never uploaded one to the web. I thought 'ah, my ISP offers free webspace' so I set about launching my own website only to be met with a lecture on the need to use HTML language which will take time to learn...
Can I e-mail the photo to you, or can you point me to a friendly web host?
Sorry to be a pain.
John

Zeplini

they does seem to be a problem with avatars, ive tried changing my mine and it no longer works on uploading or linking to web storage so it does need further investigation ;)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The avatar issue has now been corrected - you should be able to upload your avatar successfully now.

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Tweenie

Thanks. As I explained to Zelpini, who helped me establish my devilish avatar, it was called the 'Tweenie Devil' and was a mascot on the Tweenie car of around 1913. The devil was mounted on the back of the car, presumably with an implied message for anyone following....