GSync screens?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

I'm just pondering this, not sure if any of you agree with this, but thought I'd check it out.

There has been very high demand for screens over the last few months so I've been searching quite a few.

Is it just me, or are there very very few specific GSync screens being released any more? I've seen a couple that are GSync Certified, but I don't think I've come across any newer models from late last year or this year that are specifically GSync.

I wonder if nVidia are simply going to make GSync certified their new revenue generator and accept that Freesync is going to be wider adopted due to the freemium licensing approach?

Interested in thoughts, and if anyone has come across some, if you could provide links I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

steaky360

Is it not also the case that getting a full spec GSync screen is far more onerous? In terms of testing/validation? Maybe I'm thinking about 'GSync Ultimate' which might be a separate tear entirely. I can't see nVidia just giving up on GSync though.

nVidia does have a list of compatible displays (although I don't know how regularly it is/will be updated)

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Yeah I bought one of these back in Feb https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FKK6VF1 as I was already back to working from home a lot and it was £209. As I'm not really an avid gamer it didn't matter too much to me about gaming or super-high refresh rates (although at the time it was erroneously listed as 144Hz but I didn't send it back as 75 is enough for me to work and the price was too good to lose out).

I mentioned in another post that plugged into my dock via DP it didn't work (problem with the dock and compatibility not the screen or laptop) but HDMI was fine. Then I plugged it directly into the laptop's miniDP port and it was immediately picked up by the nVidia control panel as a g-sync compatible display and a boat load of new options appeared.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I bought one of these back in Feb https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FKK6VF1 as I was already back to working from home a lot and it was £209. As I'm not really an avid gamer it didn't matter too much to me about gaming or super-high refresh rates (although at the time it was erroneously listed as 144Hz but I didn't send it back as 75 is enough for me to work and the price was too good to lose out).

I mentioned in another post that plugged into my dock via DP it didn't work (problem with the dock and compatibility not the screen or laptop) but HDMI was fine. Then I plugged it directly into the laptop's miniDP port and it was immediately picked up by the nVidia control panel as a g-sync compatible display and a boat load of new options appeared.
That’s a seriously pretty screen!

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
That’s a seriously pretty screen!

Oh mate I am over the moon with it. I had two smaller screens which were ok but one was 1080. This allows me to review two documents side-by-side at 100% zoom. I didn't want another 1080 screen either so when this one appeared at the price I couldn't say no.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Maybe it’s that google has learnt the price bracket that I’m normally looking at.
But the other day a guy asked specifically for a gsync 1440p 144hz screen so I googled it and it only brought up a couple of results and they were older monitors anyway.

Maybe a lot of the newer models on the list @steaky360 linked just haven’t made it into UK stocks yet, but those higher tier GSync Ultimate screens with HDR10 are exactly the ones I was hoping to find. I know they’re going to be significantly more expensive, but HDR10 does add significant satisfaction to a good monitor.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
I bought myself an Acer Predator 34p here in the uK and happy with it - and yes, does have GSync.