GTX 2070 has vanished off my system, please help

timdar

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 17.3" RECOIL II RTX ULTRA, this was a next day laptop option with a GTX 2070.

I booted up today and had a really strange message which appears every time I boot. There is no evidence anywhere (device manager, speccy etc.) that I have a GTX 2070.

The boot message reads:

NO NVIDIA N18 MAX-P or MAX-Q VBIOS ROM IMAGE
PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE...

So I am only running off of the onboard integrated graphics.

The laptop is only a few months old, any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Did you disable it from Device Manager? If you didn't do a software damage, maybe did you drop the laptop or smashed it against something? I've never seen anything like this, would love to find out what the problem is.

timdar

Did you disable it from Device Manager? If you didn't do a software damage, maybe did you drop the laptop or smashed it against something? I've never seen anything like this, would love to find out what the problem is.

Hello,

No, I have not consciously (or accidentally) disabled the GPU by any method - The laptop has been working fine until I tried to boot after work today. Last night I gamed for a few hours and then watched a movie. This afternoon the error message and running windows/laptop off of the integrated card.

Yeah its really puzzling, I literally cannot find another post on the internet that states this error message. I think it could have possibly dislodged so the next step is to take the back off and have a look I guess.

Cheers

Hi,

There is another thread here where we have had a similar issue of the rtx 2070 disappearing from the device manager etc. But we did not have the error message on boot up of the missing image.

I have found that letting the battery empty (guessing removal of the battery woukd achieve the same) would bring it back to life. Pretty sure that these chips can't be dislodged as they're soldered onto the main board.
Hope this helps.