Gtx 570 or gtx 580?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm debating whether to get the 570 or the 580, getting the 580 will put my £60 over budget and I have to drop upgrades to get to that but if I have the 570 I can get extra things such as water-cooling, double the hard drive space, blu ray reader And faster clock RAM and it's still slightly under budget

So opinions, is it really worth getting the 580, either way I will be SLIing them that's why I got a 1000w PSU

DaxInside

Silver Level Poster
depends how badly you need the frames per second. Google 570 vs 580 sli and you'll see the 570 isn't far behind the 580. In my opinion the extra doesn't warrent the £300 extra for the cards. But if u just want the best u can get and dont need the other upgrades then go for it :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Of course 580 is better, but then as with anything in a PC, you get what you pay for. You can quite easily play games to a high standard with a card lower than teh 570 however, so in all honesty 580 could be considered overkill unless you are doing graphically intensive work etc (i.e. not just games).

Personally (as I have one) i'd say 570 now, and then up the game at a later date with a new card in the SLi slot.

But gotta way up what you want from it and make the decision yourself :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Cool thanks guys, I didn't think there was much improvement that was worth the price, and those extra parts aren't a necessity although will come in handy and will be well worth it over a few extra fps during gaming

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Wozza, why don't you do what I did? I had the exact same dilemma. I wanted the 580 but it was to expensive! So I chose to get the EVGA GTX 570 (A SuperClocked version of the 570) for £300 - For the extra 30 or so £££ you get a card that's only slightly slower than the 580 for a lot less. Hope this helps.