GTX580M overheating

thisisevilevil

Enthusiast
Hello guys

My Vortex-II is overheating. Here is the specs:
Chassis & Display Vortex II: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2720QM (2.20GHz) 6MB Cache
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11 (17.3" Vortex II)
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 250GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD2500BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200
rpm)

I also installed a seperate Intel 520 SSD recently.

My graphic card gets extremely hot while gaming, and if I game long enough it shuts down. I have speedfan open while I'm gaming, and after 30 minutes gaming it can easily hit a 100 degrees. Now, I know heat is a serious issue in a laptop, especially with the high end graphic cards. I have changed the thermal paste on my graphic card 3 times now, and I also cleaned the fans I don't know how many times (Yes, I'm an engineer, I know how to do this properly.)

My question is, do you have any experience with using cooling pads with the Vortex laptops, or just the GTX580M in general? Did it help with the temperatures? When I read reviews on the internet, there are various mixed suggestions about whether it actually works or not. I don't really care about the price of the cooling pad, so if you have any suggestions be my guest :)

Thank you in advance.