GTX760 Query - Due to the power requirements (AMPS,)....

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
Looking into ordering a Bitfenix Prodigy with a GTX760...I think last week previously when I looked into a quote it went through and said it was fine with a 450w PSU.

This week looking to finalise the order, it states when pressing confirm - 'Due to the power requirements (AMPS,) the power supply you have selected is not suitable, please increase your PSU size or change to a higher spec model.'

Trouble is, the higher PSU's give the same message basically implying this config can't be processed. Has anything changed between this week and last?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The minimum recommend PSU on the PCS website is 650w and on the NVidia website is 500w.

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
The minimum recommend PSU on the PCS website is 650w and on the NVidia website is 500w.

In which case the configurators done goofed for the last few weeks, and even right now - if you find a higher PSU that doesn't give the AMPs message it states (with the GTX760 attached) that the config only requires 408w including 20%

Tachikoma

I have a gtx760 and the vs450w psu, it's not a problem as this psu can handle over 500w, check reviews for the US vx450 which is the same as our vs450.