H115 Elite Capellix loud pump

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Update
Hi all, the buzz is still present after two weeks. I got in touch with PCS and send them the video of AIO pump and I was advised that according to their technician it sounds like a pump failure. I will have to raise RMA and send pc back for the third time in just over a month😭😭😭

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Update
Hi all, the buzz is still present after two weeks. I got in touch with PCS and send them the video of AIO pump and I was advised that according to their technician it sounds like a pump failure. I will have to raise RMA and send pc back for the third time in just over a month😭😭😭
Just RMA the part that's failed and change it yourself ?

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Just RMA the part that's failed and change it yourself ?

PCS agent suggested returning pc back to them but if I could replace it myself I'm more
happy to give it a go, even though I've never done it before.

According to corsair own specifications h115 Elite Capellix pump should be making 20 decibels whilst lowest operating speed is about 2200 rpm, it won't go below that even in quiet mode, no matter what you do.

I have checked how loud pc is when idle and it's about 46 decibels while fans stay at 500. rpm or less.

Pump can be very clearly heard if case fans are under 1000 rpm however once fans reach 1700+ rpm pump noise becomes less noticeable and sort of blends with the fans noise but to get fans to that speed pc has to be under load for a while.

I don't know if I'm too sensitive or if pump is indeed faulty. I will get in touch with PCS and ask if they could send a replacement so that I wouldn't have to send the whole thing back to them.

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
PCS agent suggested returning pc back to them but if I could replace it myself I'm more
happy to give it a go, even though I've never done it before.

According to corsair own specifications h115 Elite Capellix pump should be making 20 decibels whilst lowest operating speed is about 2200 rpm, it won't go below that even in quiet mode, no matter what you do.

I have checked how loud pc is when idle and it's about 46 decibels while fans stay at 500. rpm or less.

Pump can be very clearly heard if case fans are under 1000 rpm however once fans reach 1700+ rpm pump noise becomes less noticeable and sort of blends with the fans noise but to get fans to that speed pc has to be under load for a while.

I don't know if I'm too sensitive or if pump is indeed faulty. I will get in touch with PCS and ask if they could send a replacement so that I wouldn't have to send the whole thing back to them.
Mine is a H150i and makes exactly the same noise on higher settings but yours sounds like it is ramping up and down in the video or was that while you were changing from quiet to extreme?

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Mine is a H150i and makes exactly the same noise on higher settings but yours sounds like it is ramping up and down in the video or was that while you were changing from quiet to extreme?
It's not my pc that's on that video mate, I just found this when I was searching for threads regarding this issue, hence I used it here.

My pc sounds almost exactly the same as the one shown on the video. Does yours sound like this one here? I mean that constant whirring noise, is it supposed to be like this?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
It's not my pc that's on that video mate, I just found this when I was searching for threads regarding this issue, hence I used it here.

My pc sounds almost exactly the same as the one shown on the video. Does yours sound like this one here? I mean that constant whirring noise, is it supposed to be like this?
Ah, OK, I misunderstood!

I’m struggling to understand what the noise is that’s the issue on that video to be honest, can you not record yours ?

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Ah, OK, I misunderstood!

I’m struggling to understand what the noise is that’s the issue on that video to be honest, can you not record yours ?

There you go, that's my machine

Second one, with side panel taken off

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Thanks mate, is this something I can fix myself or better to return whole pc to PCS and let them deal with it?
If you are comfortable changing the whole AIO assembly then it’s doable at home, plenty of guides online but if you are not 100% sure might be best to return.

Cloud9

There you go, that's my machine

Second one, with side panell taken off

I thought you were just describing the standard Capellix bubbly hum (which can be a little annoying if silence focused) but your video sounds a lot worse than the original example you first posted. Definitely something majorly wrong there.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks mate, is this something I can fix myself or better to return whole pc to PCS and let them deal with it?
It's far simpler on an AIO to swapover than an air cooler, if you've ever done one of them.

Plus the Corsair units come with paste pre applied, so it really is just a case of mounting it and screwing it in in the correct order.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Thanks all, I'll raise this with PCS and discuss what would be the best course of action, if it's just the case of removing the screws and swapping the units without repasting I should be fine.