H1z1

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah it looks good mate, but for me, i don't think anything will top arma 2/dayz mod - which is think is because its more "military" and "realistic" - as it was designed as military simulator. I also find that Arma 2 doesn't really have that common "game" feel

I'm hoping sony pull of a decent game. Although, I hear that it will be free to play, with in game transactions? - call me cynical but that screams to me "pay to win"

floking96

Silver Level Poster
Well in a demo video that the developers did, they talked about the pay scheme and mentioned how they're only making items that the community want to be buyable available to purchased, they basically said the community chose for aesthetics and non performance upgradeable items. Everything else, should be free if they stick to their word!

XplosiV

Bronze Level Poster
There was talk on the reddit about purchasing clothing, and said clothing not being lost upon death. I don't think it was 'performance enhancing' military type stuff, but more regular type clothes maybe with extra storage. I might see if I can find a link.

OrLoK

Hello there

Im keeping fairly reserved about this release.

I find it hard to understand that they are charging real pennies for paradrops in this supposed early stage.

I can fully understand charging some cash for Early Access but the micro exchange at the moment sticks in my craw a little.

Now to be transparent I do have some involvement with DAYZ, so I might be seen as biased, but I will say that in the H1Z1 thread on the official forums it has had some positive reviews but mainly in the fact its more arcade and less simlike compared to DAYZ.

And, to me, thats fine.

I enjoy BF3 for example but my heart is in Arma and more simesque experiences, but I realise folk dont always want a hard relentless experience and rather want to be a Bruce Willis hero.

It's very early days though (no pun intended) and also the owning company now being seperated from SOE may mean some directional focus shifts platformwise.

At the moment i'll probably wait until they go f2p on the full release.

Rgds

LoK

Androcles

Rising Star
I'd hold off on this for sure, SOE are no longer, they've been sold to an investment management company and have changed their name to Daybreak Games, that's usually a very bad sign.

I play this, it's great. Obviously has it's problems being early access, the biggest at the moment being hackers. But it's updated very regularly, every couple of days it seems. Haven't played much Day-Z so can't compare the two, but it looks like progress on that has slowed to a crawl.
Most of the negative reviews on Steam come from the fact that there was a perception that the game was 'pay to win' - it's most definitely not, and the airdrops offer no advantage (call one in and other players can intercept it).