Haggis

Stephen M

Author Level
Just watched the ITV show Made in Britain, this episode included a feature on MacSween's the Edinburgh haggis maker, worth watching if it is on catch up TV.

Find the idea of a vegetarian haggis somewhat amusing, although my vegan cousin says they are great. I may try one, their genuine ones are great.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Slight side-note........ I watched Joe Rogan in one of his standup shows talking about vegan names. It's hilarious because it's absolutely on-point. How the point of being vegan is to not eat animal products and yet they flock towards pseudoname animal products.

If it's vegan..... it's not haggis, call it something else.... that's not what it is. Pretending it's a meat product is counter productive.

D

Deleted member 41971

Slight side-note........ I watched Joe Rogan in one of his standup shows talking about vegan names. It's hilarious because it's absolutely on-point. How the point of being vegan is to not eat animal products and yet they flock towards pseudoname animal products.

If it's vegan..... it's not haggis, call it something else.... that's not what it is. Pretending it's a meat product is counter productive.

makes me laugh when they go to burger king or McDonald's and call it a vegetarian burger on the menu, or burds eye advert saying "it looks and tastes like a meat burger but with no meat"

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Horace by Monty Python

Much to his Mum and Dad's dismay,
Horace ate himself one day.
He didn't stop to say his grace,
He just sat down and ate his face.
We can't have this! His Dad declared,
If that lad's ate, he should be shared.
But even as they spoke they saw,
Horace eating more and more.
First his legs then his thighs,
His arms, his nose, his hair, his eyes...
Stop him someone! Mother cried,
Those eyeballs would be better fried!
But all too late, for they were gone,
And he had started on his dong...
Oh! Foolish child! The father mourns,
You could have deep fried that with prawns,
Some parsley and some tartar sauce...
But Horace was on his second course.
His liver and his lights and lung,
His ears, his neck, his chin, his tongue.
To think I raised him from the cot,
And now he's going to scoff the lot!
His Mother cried, What shall we do?
What's left won't even make a stew...
And as she wept her son was seen,
To eat his head, his heart, his spleen.
And there he lay, a boy no more,
Just a stomach, on the floor.
None the less, since it was his,
They ate it - that's what haggis is.