Half Height Wireless Card in Mini PC

cjc1984

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys

Just a quick question regarding a mini PC I specced up with the The Inwin Mini-ITX BM643 Case + 120W PSU case.

The case seemingly has space for x1 low profle card. As crappy as it is, Intel integrated graphics will probably be suffice for what I would need the machine for. However, I would ideally rather have wireless built in as opposed to a USB option, and selecting the more expensive motherboard option with built in WIFI adds £81 to the price. Do you plan to offer the option for a low profile PCI wireless card for any of your mini PC's? I have seen a couple of dual band low profile cards knocking about for around the £35 mark?

And do you have any plans to offer an AMD option for your mini PC's? I noticed you have the Zacate option for a low power silent PC and offer an AMD option for the home theatre PC's, but nothing for just a bog standard mini itx PC?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We can possibly source a low profile wireless card for you, or alternatively you can aloways order one and fit this yourself after receiving the PC...?

As for AMD mini PCs the demand was extremely low and therefore we have discontinued these now. Only a few manufacturers still produce the motherboards and our preferred manufacturer (ASUS) has discontinued these now.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Following on from my previous post, the PCI-E wireless cards we have in stock are actually low profile and come supplied with a low profile bracket.

We have therefore listed this option on our configurator. :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you could always get yourself a usb wifi stick thingy ma jiggy? if you didnt opt for the above wifi card.