Half-Life 3 Confirmed

Greenman

Enthusiast
Not that we were in any doubt that it's being developed, but this is I believe the first time we've had official confirmation. They've trademarked the Half-Life 3 name in Europe.

ufStqXq.png

Make of it what you will.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Heh, I really wanted the Valve customer relations person to come out on Twitter or something and real off a really long winded and ridiculous set of events/happenings and finish it with Half Life 3 confirmed!

:D

Rack

Enthusiast
While browsing reddit, the top rated post was about the trademark only lasting 6 months and expiring on April 1st next year. I thought that was an interesting point.

Greenman

Enthusiast
While browsing reddit, the top rated post was about the trademark only lasting 6 months and expiring on April 1st next year. I thought that was an interesting point.

They do last 6 months, can be extended to 2 years in certain circumstances.

Rack

Enthusiast
Or it could be one massive, elaborate troll. :p. But I just found it amusin that it was the 1st April it expired.

Yamikotai

Expert
I saw another post with the trademark filing, and game release dates, of HL1 and HL2.
HL1 was trademarked three months before release.
HL2 was trademarked almost a year AFTER release.

Yamikotai

Expert
It's been on the Steam store all this time, but mis-labeled as Hlaf Life 3. Gaben cried when no-one bought it.

Greenman

Enthusiast
Well we still have that bug tracker "leak" which shows there's a good number of people working on HL3 and Source 2.