Halo Infinite

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I need to get into the Just Cause series. Very much the Tomb Raider style that I love, only with a bit more action :D

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I need to get into the Just Cause series. Very much the Tomb Raider style that I love, only with a bit more action :D
It’s just big dumb fun in a giant sandbox. I don’t think I’ve ever actually completed the games, it’s too enjoyable to just arse about with the physics and do increasingly ridiculous things.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Same here & I've not been gaming as long as you lot
I'm nowhere near a gamer. I can't be considered in the same league as these animals :ROFLMAO:

I've been just as influenced on here as you have. The thing is though, I rarely have time to play and I tend not to have the patience to keep going with them.

I've got Cyberpunk waiting to play and I've not even installed it yet. Each game takes me months to play through to completion :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm nowhere near a gamer. I can't be considered in the same league as these animals :ROFLMAO:

I've been just as influenced on here as you have. The thing is though, I rarely have time to play and I tend not to have the patience to keep going with them.

I've got Cyberpunk waiting to play and I've not even installed it yet. Each game takes me months to play through to completion :D
Sounds as though we're in the same league, I've lost track of how many games I've got unfinished, Alan Wake Probably needs about half an hour to finish, but that can wait as I'm having so much fun with this

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I tried to solve this problem with a ‘one in, one out’ policy when it comes to gaming. And it worked really well for a while, I cleared about 50% of my backlog. There’s still games I own that I’ll never play but I’ve made my peace with that, they were hasty purchases on a whim or ones that I tried and realised they weren’t for me (Total War being the prime candidate, I really want to love them but they just don’t click with me).

The new problem is that not only do we have Epic throwing a free game at us very regularly, we’ve also got lovely generous sods like @ActuallyDenz and @Bhuna50 feeding our addiction.

I’m a grown man in the prime of my career and will be a father in around five months. Game time is going to be reduced to absolute minimal levels and I don’t even play that much now.

On the plus side, we are having a boy so there’s a good chance I’ll have a buddy for some couch co-op gaming in about ten years 👍

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was actually thinking about the generosity of @ActuallyDenz & @Bhuna50 the other day. I got to thinking (American slang) that their generosity was actually part of the catalyst of the forum cohesion as it stands right now. I've been a member since 2016 (people will argue I've been a member far longer, before anyone else says it) but I'm sure @SpyderTracks and other forum frequenters/mods will agree there has been a shift in the dynamic over the past 12-24 months where we have all properly clicked into a small community. I love it as it's a community that's growing very healthily with knowledge and personality. More and more I enjoy spending time here and it's the collective spark of all the generous contributors that have joined in that time.

It's either that or it was me that sparked it..... in 2016.... and it just took me a while to get things going.... before me it was obviously rubbish ... take your pick :p

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I was actually thinking about the generosity of @ActuallyDenz & @Bhuna50 the other day. I got to thinking (American slang) that their generosity was actually part of the catalyst of the forum cohesion as it stands right now. I've been a member since 2016 (people will argue I've been a member far longer, before anyone else says it) but I'm sure @SpyderTracks and other forum frequenters/mods will agree there has been a shift in the dynamic over the past 12-24 months where we have all properly clicked into a small community. I love it as it's a community that's growing very healthily with knowledge and personality. More and more I enjoy spending time here and it's the collective spark of all the generous contributors that have joined in that time.

It's either that or it was me that sparked it..... in 2016.... and it just took me a while to get things going.... before me it was obviously rubbish ... take your pick :p
Obviously, it was all you! We owe you a fish supper and a munchy box for your fine work!

You’re spot on with your outlook there and I was discussing this in a DM the other day. I think our much missed Nursemorph was a huge contributor to the shift you’re talking about and I miss his presence dearly. It’s not just a tech forum here now, it’s a family of likeminded souls. Thank god we’ve got all the subforums to separate the actual PC stuff from the chilli sauce chats.

We’ve got some good eggs here, I’m glad to be part of it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Obviously, it was all you! We owe you a fish supper and a munchy box for your fine work!

You’re spot on with your outlook there and I was discussing this in a DM the other day. I think our much missed Nursemorph was a huge contributor to the shift you’re talking about and I miss his presence dearly. It’s not just a tech forum here now, it’s a family of likeminded souls. Thank god we’ve got all the subforums to separate the actual PC stuff from the chilli sauce chats.

We’ve got some good eggs here, I’m glad to be part of it.
Absolutely, Nursemorph was most definitely one of the original parties to this particular dynamic. I sincerely hope he is thriving without the burden of the forum but I also can't help but think he would be a fantastic contribution to our community right now. The timing of his leave is a shame as I think it started moving upwards not long after his departure, which would have no doubt helped his way of thinking.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
My gaming library is getting ridiculous to be honest.
That is a feeling I knew all too well years ago. It is currently so far beyond ridiculous that I'm just enjoying the farcical nature of it!

2022 is the year where my Steam library goes beyond 2,500 games - unless I ditch Humble Bundle which ain't happening!

I've been around the internet a while and PCS is a much friendlier place than most of the sites I've been involved in over the years. There seems to be a nice balance of personalities among the regulars which I think certainly helps

D

Deleted member 41971

2022 is the year where my Steam library goes beyond 2,500 games - unless I ditch Humble Bundle which ain't happening!

imagine if this was 20 yrs ago and all 2500 games were all physical,

Capture - Copy.JPG

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This thread is a good illustration of what a great community this place is, starts out as a thread saying how much I'm enjoying playing Halo Infinite and has just snowballed into another fun thread, which due to @AgentCooper (yet again) has caused me to buy yet another game...... yep I've bought Just Cause on Steam, for the staggering sum of 69p

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This thread is a good illustration of what a great community this place is, starts out as a thread saying how much I'm enjoying playing Halo Infinite and has just snowballed into another fun thread, which due to @AgentCooper (yet again) has caused me to buy yet another game...... yep I've bought Just Cause on Steam, for the staggering sum of 69p
Just Cause is probably the weakest in the series, but is still bags of fun!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I've been enjoying Halo Infinite. I used to play the original Halo games a lot, mostly for the fun multiplayer. I've got game pass now, so my list of games to play has gone through the roof. 😅 I'm also a board gamer, so I'll never find enough time to play all of these games. But one can always dream... :ROFLMAO: