Happy but disappointed

jimbojones0145

I'm happy with PCS they have done everything right and handled my order pretty well. Its built and it's on it's way to my house apparently. They didn't mess around with the build date and the testing it was done pretty quick. I'd buy from here again for sure.

Anyways this was sent on the 20th of January. With it now being the 26th I'm unsure why it's taking such a long time to rech me. It's been stuck at a depot for a few days with No order updates. I'm in ireland and uncertain if Brexit has an effect on this.

Its 2 day shipping to ireland, atleast that's what it said on the configuration and the email clarifying my dispatch. Has anyone else had this problem ? Any idea what might be the cause of delays ? ( obviously covid and Brexit) . I've been ordering from amazon and no issues with delivery times for reference. I'm stumped...???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm happy with PCS they have done everything right and handled my order pretty well. Its built and it's on it's way to my house apparently. They didn't mess around with the build date and the testing it was done pretty quick. I'd buy from here again for sure.

Anyways this was sent on the 20th of January. With it now being the 26th I'm unsure why it's taking such a long time to rech me. It's been stuck at a depot for a few days with No order updates. I'm in ireland and uncertain if Brexit has an effect on this.

Its 2 day shipping to ireland, atleast that's what it said on the configuration and the email clarifying my dispatch. Has anyone else had this problem ? Any idea what might be the cause of delays ? ( obviously covid and Brexit) . I've been ordering from amazon and no issues with delivery times for reference. I'm stumped...???
DPD and other delivery companies have stopped delivering to Europe including Ireland due to the border complexities of brexit.
As such PCS are now using FedEx and they’re a lot slower and not so well organised unfortunately.

Sadly that's bad timing on the Brexit front until delivery companies get everything sorted. Suspect there will delays for the near future for sure.

jimbojones0145

I've never had a fedex delivery before. I'm not disappointed with PCS just the delivery times. I'm itching to get on my new machine my current is falling apart. None the less I've reached out to fedex and hopefully will have an update on this .

I ordered with the Hope's of getting it before brexit, it will get here eventually I guess. Apreciate the comments

Cobblers

Enthusiast
You're forgetting Covid too... the demand on home deliveries has increased so much over the past 10 months that many things are being delayed. I was amazed at how they managed to get Xmas sorted out in the end, though it meant people delivering product up until the late evening.

All of this combined is most certainly going to hold up deliveries no matter who the chosen courier might happen to be.

jimbojones0145

Ah thanks for the reading material. I'll have a gander at that,

I've an update, just off the phone with fedex . Turns out it is a manifest/paperwork issue so it's there error. 24 hours until its looked at .

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got something coming via Fedex (not computer related), that was despatched 5 days ago and the tracking # doesn't show on their system

Dacbol

Same issue - according to PCS system my rig is dispatched but according to fedex its pending awaiting paperwork from PCS - so seem to be caught in a loop, I rang PCS on tuesday and was told they would contact the warehouse and resolve but still no movement - very strange as i am receiving fedex packages from UK every 2-3 days and never had this issue with them previously

My orderd was dispatched 2 days ago and has arrived in Dublin, so should get it by Monday. Looking at the transit history it looks to have went via Stansted to Charles de Gaulle. Back to Stansted and then Dublin.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
My orderd was dispatched 2 days ago and has arrived in Dublin, so should get it by Monday. Looking at the transit history it looks to have went via Stansted to Charles de Gaulle. Back to Stansted and then Dublin.
Mine is awaiting dispatch so I hope to get it next week.
I'm in Ireland too, I presume we won't get landed with any import tax now because of brexit?! Let us know how you get on Monday.

Citrus_9

Expert
Mine is awaiting dispatch so I hope to get it next week.
I'm in Ireland too, I presume we won't get landed with any import tax now because of brexit?! Let us know how you get on Monday.
Regarding that - worth checking these threads:

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
In the same kinda boat, except Fedex are just refusing to ship to me, claiming it's unsendable, so my PC is just stuck in Kingsbury for the foreseeable future. No idea when or even if if I'll be able to get my PC.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Contact PCS, they'll need to liaise with Fedex to get it sorted, it's not something you can sort out.
I've been trying, was on hold trying to call them for near two hours before it hit 8 and the lines closed. Nothing for it but to try again tomorrow. They phone lines are still open Saturday I believe? If not as long as a weekday.

Citrus_9

Expert
I've been trying, was on hold trying to call them for near two hours before it hit 8 and the lines closed. Nothing for it but to try again tomorrow. They phone lines are still open Saturday I believe? If not as long as a weekday.
Ph. 0044(0)333 011 7000. Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm. Saturdays 9am - 5pm.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I saw that, that's a real pain to say the least! So sorry about that (not that I could have done anything about it, just sorry you had to waste your time!).

Yes, the phonelines should be open tomorrow from about 9am. I'd suggest if it's feasible, try calling at a couple of minutes to and then just keep redialling, try and get in their as early as possible.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, I saw that, that's a real pain to say the least! So sorry about that (not that I could have done anything about it, just sorry you had to waste your time!).

Yes, the phonelines should be open tomorrow from about 9am. I'd suggest if it's feasible, try calling at a couple of minutes to and then just keep redialling, try and get in their as early as possible.
Sounds like a good idea. I don't really hold the long phone times against them, these are crazy times, but it's still a small bit frustrating to have it wasted.