Happy but disappointed

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Very much the impression I'm getting, yes.
Yeah, unfortunately Fedex have never been very good, but they are one of the only companies that will tackle european deliveries at the moment until the government sort out the border documents issues.

Dacbol

So after being dispatched on 21st Jan my PC has finally arrived in Dublin - just hoping it manages to clear customs and gets delivered soon

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
So after being dispatched on 21st Jan my PC has finally arrived in Dublin - just hoping it manages to clear customs and gets delivered soon
Is yours the one that has been on a free trip around Western Europe after leaving the UK?

With Level 5 cabin fever setting in properly now I am thinking of asking PCS to ship me to my own house - at least I might get to see a few continental countries that way for a change of scenery....

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
Called Fedex again today to see what the story was and if the EORI number provided by PCS would finally get things sorted. Had to call around 6 times cause they kept redirecting me and the line would get cut, finally got onto customs.

Fedex person: "Oh, you're a private individual, you shouldn't need an EORI"

WakeMeUpInside.jpg.

I had made that clear since the beginning but they still insisted I needed an EORI number. Even more than anger I'm just kind of amazed by how absolutely incompetent Fedex are; it shouldn't be so absurdly, immensely difficult just to know what the problem is, never mind actually fixing it.

Am now even more confused than ever before, and still no idea if my PC is progressing towards actually being shipped.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Called Fedex again today to see what the story was and if the EORI number provided by PCS would finally get things sorted. Had to call around 6 times cause they kept redirecting me and the line would get cut, finally got onto customs.

Fedex person: "Oh, you're a private individual, you shouldn't need an EORI"

WakeMeUpInside.jpg.

I had made that clear since the beginning but they still insisted I needed an EORI number. Even more than anger I'm just kind of amazed by how absolutely incompetent Fedex are; it shouldn't be so absurdly, immensely difficult just to know what the problem is, never mind actually fixing it.

Am now even more confused than ever before, and still no idea if my PC is progressing towards actually being shipped.
You did order on PCS as an individual and not the company order?

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
You did order on PCS as an individual and not the company order?
I'm almost certain I did. Unsure how you would even go about ordering as a company? Still, is there some way I can check to be sure? Having this entire delay be due to my own stupidity would be pretty peak irony.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fairly sure it would be evident from the order confirmation. However, to purchase as a company, I guess you'd have needed to have clicked the Business/education menu on the home page then either applied for business finance or set up a trade account which I'm sure you'd remember doing either. As far as I know, it isn't possible to "accidentally" buy a system as a business customer
It is, all it requests is a VAT number.

Bellboy

Bronze Level Poster
It is, all it requests is a VAT number.
I definitely didn't enter a VAT number anytime during the process, though PCS' one is on the invoice.

Still, finally got into contact with someone who seems to know what was happening (apparently Fedex' entire custom systems was down) who said it's in processing now, which means they just have to work their backlog to get to it.

Still a bit skeptical because each time I call I seem to get a different answer but one can hope.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I definitely didn't enter a VAT number anytime during the process, though PCS' one is on the invoice.

Still, finally got into contact with someone who seems to know what was happening (apparently Fedex' entire custom systems was down) who said it's in processing now, which means they just have to work their backlog to get to it.

Still a bit skeptical because each time I call I seem to get a different answer but one can hope.
Jesus I am so sorry for you. Don't let it take away from the joy you will feel when it finally arrives on your doorstep! Which I am very sure it will!!!

The only thing I can possibly think of is that you entered your name under the Company Name field when you were filling out your details and it threw them on the order - I don't think you can check that now as the site won't let you check your address on active orders....but you'd probably be able to tell from the invoice.

I am quite confident this is nothing more than FedEx doing their thing - as in finding new and novel ways to screw things up.

They say consistency is a virtue - so to give them their credit when it's due - they do it all the time! :)

Dacbol

OK PC just arrived - was held up in Irish Customs - had to ring Fedex to resubmit paper work but all now sorted - best of luck and hope things start to run smoother for you - fyi cost of rig 2.3K, order date 12th Oct, dispatch date 21st Jan - arrive in Ireland date 2nd Feb actual home delivery date 5th Feb just in case anyone needed timeline

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
OK PC just arrived - was held up in Irish Customs - had to ring Fedex to resubmit paper work but all now sorted - best of luck and hope things start to run smoother for you - fyi cost of rig 2.3K, order date 12th Oct, dispatch date 21st Jan - arrive in Ireland date 2nd Feb actual home delivery date 5th Feb just in case anyone needed timeline
Thanks for that.
Can I ask you did the detailed tracking for your order on the Fedex website ever not get updated for a period greater than 24hrs?
Mine was sent Monday, due for delivery Friday and I'm still waiting... the last update I got was early Thursday morning:
Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:52 AM RIDGMONT GB
Left FedEx origin facility

I contacted Fedex today as I was getting impatient and they told me since the status hadn't been updated in more than 24 hours then I needed to contact PCS to contact them with detailed information on the package so that they could do their own internal investigation into it.

It's never easy! :eek:

Stephen M

Author Level
Hope it gets to you soon. Companies are really getting hit by Brexit, had a very nice email from a company I use a lot in Hamburg, they apologised that no further orders would be accepted from the UK until things were sorted, also added a note saying they had checked through my account and noted the regularity and amount of orders I had placed and realised this was a problem for us both but unfortunately felt it better to stop UK deliveries at this time, rather than have them and customers chasing after deliveries stuck in hubs, ports etc.

I hope things improve but think we are in for a very long wait.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Hope it gets to you soon. Companies are really getting hit by Brexit, had a very nice email from a company I use a lot in Hamburg, they apologised that no further orders would be accepted from the UK until things were sorted, also added a note saying they had checked through my account and noted the regularity and amount of orders I had placed and realised this was a problem for us both but unfortunately felt it better to stop UK deliveries at this time, rather than have them and customers chasing after deliveries stuck in hubs, ports etc.

I hope things improve but think we are in for a very long wait.
Agreed - I have a had a few bits and pieces in the other direction also - from UK to here - where the Companies involved have advised that they have ceased international orders until the situation calms down a bit.

What a mess this has all turned out to be for businesses in the UK and all over Europe really. Hopefully it will sort itself soon as you say. In the meantime, it's just sit back and be happy that when it finally ships, your PC will see an awful lot more of the countryside than us humans can right now - so it might as well take it's time.....