Has anyone seen this before? PC seems to be having a total meltdown!

flamingice

Sorry for the length of this post, but it's important to explain the extent of my numerous issues

Specs:
ASUS M4A78LT Motherboard - brand new
AMD Athlon IIX4630 Processor 2.80GHz - brand new
RAM - 2GB (was 4GB - one stick removed as believed to be faulty)
GFX card - ATI Radeon 5770, removed as believed to be faulty
Brand new PSU
Seagate SATA 250g HDD
Windows 7 Home Professional 64bit

Original issue: Purchased my PC in October 2010. Worked fine except for some graphical issues until October 2011, when one day, after a normal shutdown, it refused to boot. No display on monitor, no post, nothing. Just lights and fans.
I contacted tech support and they sent me a replacement PSU. This didn't solve the problem, so after extensive testing on my part of the rest of the hardware, I sent the PC back to them, minus the HDD as I had no way of backing up my data. They replaced the mobo and CPU and sent it back to me, saying it was fully working. They detected some graphics card issues but said latest drivers fixed these.

Friday: PC received, I reconnected my HDD and everything worked fine... for an hour or so, until the original problem reared its head again. I managed to get it to boot up the following morning by removing the RAM one at a time. MemTest showed errors on one stick of RAM, so I have been running it on the remaining 2GB ever since. During this process, and several hours after, I saw many blue screens. BAD_POOL_HEADER and DRIVER_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL, and a couple more I can't remember, including stop codes 7E and 19.

Before the original problems, I had been having errors with the graphics card, such as pixelating, game freezes even when on lowest settings (even though system reqs were fully met), crashing to desktop, hanging etc. Also had a 'bar' of pixels across my desktop fairly often. This was annoying, but acceptable, so I worked around it.

Monday: Ran FurMark to test GFX card performance, it didn't like it, and crashed 5 minutes into the test each time. Also had the error "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum" when attempting to boot at one point. The recent graphics related freezing and blue screen problems returns were fixed by removing the card and switching to onboard graphics. Computer activity was fine for most of Monday night when I ran Seagate HDD tester, both long and short tests. No errors were found. PC later froze when trying to watch a video on youtube. Had to keep restarting the PC but it would freeze and have to be turned off at the power, or would lose signal to the monitor and have to be turned off for 5-10 minutes in order to get it to post. Then it ended up freezing every time I tried to load any program at all. Booted into windows login screen, shut down, left it overnight.

Tuesday: PC booted up fine, worked fine, despite the previous night's errors. Ran 6 youtube videos at once to test this, no problems. PC lasted for 5 hours, until I went away for half an hour and came back to no signal on the monitor. Had to turn the PC off but managed to get into windows. I started going through device manager, checking for latest drivers and it said that they were up to date until I got about halfway through and it crashed to a blue screen when looking for a particular one (I forget which, but I think it was the section above Keyboards - I worked backwards).

So, I tried rebooting again. I was able to login, but then everything went weird and flickery on a frozen screen and made a weird screeching sound that I've never heard before. Restarted again and had the same problems - freezing, loss of screen signal etc, so turned off and removed power cable for 10 minutes.

The ASUS MB screen showed up, then an incredibly weird matrix-style screen, with big green blocks that moved around. Now after this I can't get past the windows login screen. It loaded up after a couple more reboots but froze on the 'welcome' screen after I'd typed in my password. It changes between this, and no signal, no post etc.

I tried using a different hard drive to eliminate mine as the problem, with a fully working load of XP installed on it. It booted into the XP login screen, but froze when trying to login. This makes me think that a HDD format and fresh install of w7 wouldn't solve the problem.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what could be wrong! New mobo, new CPU, new PSU, no gfx card, 1 stick of RAM (2gb - so perfectly adequate). Before anyone asks, Kaspersky Internet Security Suite has detected there are no viruses or anything. So what could be causing this if pretty much every component has been replaced and those that haven't were tested and showed to be fine? I know a reasonable amount about computing but this just has me stumped. I've spoken to the guys in tech support but no one can figure out just what on earth is going on with this computer!

I really hope that somebody on this forum may have seen this before and may have some sort of solution! Thanks in advance.